CTP2 Crash at year 2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 Crash at year 2025

I Have CTP 2 with the 1.11 update installed and for some reason the system keeps crashing when I end my turn at the year 2024 before it goes on to the year 2025. I can't seem to find any reason for this to be happening Can somebody please help me.

At first, I would use the Apolyton Edition not the old patch by Activision. In the Apolyton Edition we may have fixed the problem already. But if the game still crashes, I could fix the problem, if you give me then the savegame.

Edit: Removed link, if you want to get the latest Apolyton Edition click here.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:10.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks, I'll let you know if it works.

Comment

Ok, I installed the Apolyton update, but the game is still crashing. Only now I get a very spesific message, I get " GameObj.cpp error No Such Object continue with a yes or no option. Either option causes the game to crash, and I cannot find that file listed anywhere on my computer. And for some strange reason, my Cities have reverted back to an ancient form and I had the Arcologies, and modern cities already set up. I have just attached my save game. Somebody, ANYBODY please help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you suffered from some flooding. That left some stable refferences of some watch towers on the map. And there was a problem with removing units. For the unit problem I fixed the symptoms and also for the watch tower problem. I think the watch tower problem is fixed at the root but for the unit problem I don't know.

-Martin

Comment

Thanks, send me the file when you can. I appriciate all your help,

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by skreed01
              Thanks, send me the file when you can. I appriciate all your help,
              Here is the page from where you can download the latest version of the Apolyton Edition.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Here is the page from where you can download the latest version of the Apolyton Edition.

-Martin
                I Meant The Save game file, I uploaded to you. Please send me the repaired save game once you are finished with it. I already have the Updated Apolyton Version.

Thanks

Sean

Comment

I Meant The Save game file, I uploaded to you. Please send me the repaired save game once you are finished with it. I already have the Updated Apolyton Version.
                  I didn't touch the savegame, all I did was to modify the ctp2.exe so that it does not crash anymore. Therefore, you need the version of the Apolyton Edition I uploaded, today.

-Martin

Comment

Ok, Downloaded the New version and got past 2025. Now however the Game is crashing while ending 2026 to go to 2027. No warning, no error message. Just a straight crash to the desktop. Here is the save game file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, Downloaded the New version and got past 2025. Now however the Game is crashing while ending 2026 to go to 2027. No warning, no error message. Just a straight crash to the desktop. Here is the save game file.
                      OK, I tested the game. I loaded the save game and pressed end turn, but there was no crash. I tried it in both the debug version and the final version of the game. Still no crash. So next time you should save the game right before you want to end your turn.

An additional note is that you should reduce your pollution, it does not only destroy the environment, but also makes your people unhappy, with the consequence that they are less productive.

The best is that you max out the sliders and then set in each city the entertainers accordingly, so that the happiness of the cities are just above 73.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                      X