No announcement yet.

Hamachi and CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a problem with the slic engine, you have to reloadslic to make it work again. To do that, just open the chat window by typing the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

If you get the same crash with the latest AE, then just use the 1.11 patched game and just the new dlls.
      Ok....yesterday my friend and I both installed CTP2 from scratch, didn't install the official patch and directly the newest AE-Edition. Further we installed the new servers.dat.

We connected via Internet-Game (911.alink.namesdepot.net was the only avaiable) and saw each other in the lobby. Then I setup a new game, my friend joined, I choose two computer-opponents, and let the game-setup as standard.

We both choose start game, screen went black, parts of the game-ui popped up, but before the map shows up we are both on the Windows-Dektop. No error-message, nothing.

-----NEXT TRY-------

In the next day we install the game again from scratch, install the official patch and use only the new dlls and the servers.dat.

I'll see and report...

Bastian

Comment

Hmmm..... I removed CTP-AE from my HD and installed CTP from scratch (two times now), but the patch did not find the installed game. I installed it on d:\. I use d:\ everytime for my games, and used it already for ctp 2 (patched!).

My friend got the same problem (also got AE installed before), except if he tries to install it on C:\. I didn't try that...

Any ideas?

Could not play CTP2-AE (Internet), cause of the mentioned Crash.

Could not play CTP2-AE/CTP2 over Hamachi, cause we don't see each other ion the lobby.

Could not install CTP with 1.11 and DLLs cause of this new problem.

Hmm...it seems, that we have to use Civ 4.....no, I don't want to.

Any hints?

Comment

Originally posted by bastain
          Hmmm..... I removed CTP-AE from my HD and installed CTP from scratch (two times now), but the patch did not find the installed game. I installed it on d:\. I use d:\ everytime for my games, and used it already for ctp 2 (patched!).

My friend got the same problem (also got AE installed before), except if he tries to install it on C:\. I didn't try that...

Any ideas?
          You need to use the zip format patch instead then. All languages are here:

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Hmmm..... I removed CTP-AE from my HD and installed CTP from scratch (two times now)
            This means you have also removed the crash.txt.

By the way you can have to copies of CTP2 on your computer, just copy the CTP2 directory. This way you can use the Apolyton Edition for single player.

However, we have to try to fix the crash. If the crash.txt doesn't help, I could you give the debug version, since this creates an extensive log.

-Martin

Comment

Its no problem, I can install the AE-Version again and let it crash again And post the crash.txt.

Do you've got an idea, why the patch do not find the installed CTP-Version?

Comment

Ok...here is my crash.txt

Version 2008-04-12
                0x00618207 [?Packetize@NetCellList@@UAEXPAEAAG@Z + 0x177]
                0x006337e1 [?ChunkList@Network@@QAEXGPAV?$PointerList@VPacketi zer@@@@@Z + 0xb1]
                0x0062be9d [?SetReady@Network@@QAEXG@Z + 0x53d]
                0x0062ff30 [?ProcessNewPlayer@Network@@QAEXG@Z + 0x510]
                0x00625bbf [?Unpacketize@NetReport@@UAEXGPAEG@Z + 0x4f]
                0x0062b0fa [?PacketReady@Network@@UAEXHPAEH@Z + 0x8a]
                0x00637cca [?Idle@NetThread@@UAE?AW4NET_ERR@@XZ + 0x1aa]
                0x00629a94 [?Process@Network@@QAEXXZ + 0x1f4]
                0x0040c535 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x105]
                0x00406f84 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                0x004069e5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                0x007fe26c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                0x7c816d4f [__onexitbegin + 0x7be51bb7]

Comment

Do you've got an idea, why the patch do not find the installed CTP-Version?
                  It usually happens on Windows XP/2000, but I don't know why the patch installer can't find the CtP2 directory.

Anyway, I gave you the link to download the patch in .zip form which avoids the problem.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Thanx....

But before I try again reinstalling CTP2 I'll wait for Martins guesses about the crash of the Apolyton Edition. I think the AE should work for Multiplayer via Internet.

Comment

But before I try again reinstalling CTP2 I'll wait for Martins guesses about the crash of the Apolyton Edition. I think the AE should work for Multiplayer via Internet.
                      Well I tried to locate the problem but no luck, I figured out that I have to establish some sort of dial up connection on my computer, although my router does it for me, so that I can start an internet game, with one player.

So I uploaded a new Apolyton Edition, which you can download from this page.

I tried it with one player for the start, allowing other players to join. I could start the game and no crash.

So I suggest to try it again. However if it works without crashing then I am a little bit worried since I didn't fixed the problem, so that might appear again in a future playtest.

If it crashes then I can give you the debug version and we can appoint a time for testing.

And by the way, I cleaned this thread from all the old playtest links. Well humans don't care about it, but robots do, and we want that they find the right stuff.

-Martin
                      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:30.

Comment

I used your link to download the new AE. My friend and I installed that version, met each other on the 911-Server-Lobby. I etup a game, started it with my friend waiting in the lobby. The game didn't crash and I got the mapview.

Then my friend tried to join the game (got the moving bar on the screen). Meanwhile I made one or two turns and my game crashed again. This crash is reproduceable.

Its your turn What shall we do? Perhaps its best we talk about a phonecall via PM and try to solve the problem.

Bastian

Comment

Its your turn What shall we do? Perhaps its best we talk about a phonecall via PM and try to solve the problem.
                          Obviously, I should try to start an internet game myself, with someone else on the other end. Probably the first thing would be that I try to join such a game or create it on my end. This would be done with the final version of the game. If this reproduces the crash on my end then I may use the debug version on my end to try it again.

Unfortunately there may be a problem with using to different versions of the game, for instance that the game doesn't allow to join people using a different version, but we'll see.

Another thing is that debugging needs some time. For instance I may need to rebuild the executable and may make sure that we use it on both ends. To build an executable may take 10 to 20 minutes, if I have to rebuild it entirely, I may have to upload it to distribute it you may have to download it. In that case a high speed internet connection is needed.

And finally we need a place for synchronous communication, since the ingame chat doesn't work if the game has crashed. For communication we could use for instance the Apolyton chat room would be a way to do it. But for that I have to figure out again how it works.

Finally, I need to know when you have time so that we can meet in the chat room. I think I leave this thread so that anyone you wants to help can join us.

-Martin

Comment

Depending on the time, I would be willing to help test this and get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              Depending on the time, I would be willing to help test this and get it working.
                              So when do you have time?

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

So when do you have time?

-Martin
                                Anytime, as long as I know beforehand, just name an hour tomorrow or the next days and I'll be in the chat (it still works doesn't it?). But obviously not in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping - I'm 7hrs behind Germany I think, I posted this at 6:18pm my time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X