CTP2 - Multiplayer - For God's sakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 - Multiplayer - For God's sakes

I think that for months now, there hasn't been any multiplayer game - call to power 2, has it?
    I'm trying to connect, it passed kaspersky antivir. & firewall, i was able to create a lobby (don't even know what that is, it's my first multipl. game ever...), but nobody showed up!
    Moreover, at the beginning I didn't see any lobby at all (I'm guessing that's how you begin a multipl. game)
    What now?
    Anyway, I'd like to begin one! Anyone care to join me? I'm from Romania, so people on other continents won't get to play

However, could it be that i'm missing something? Are there , in fact, hundreds that are playing actually, and i can't see them?
    Is it possible that my PC didn't connect properly?

Thanks!

First you need to copy the new servers.dat file into your ...\ctp2_program\ctp folder. I've attached the file in a zip to this post, just extract it to that folder and overwrite the old one.

If you're using Windows XP or 2000 its a good idea to install these dll files too:

Just follow the instructions in the readme, they'll tell you where to copy the dll's. These allow you to play and host with other Windows XP/2000 players.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Forgot to attach the servers file
      Attached Files
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Hello everybody,

maybe somebody can help me? I tried to play CTP2 via Internet, but I didn't find a server. I have installed the currently apolyton edition and I hace done what you described before - but I still didn't find a server.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by leinis74
          maybe somebody can help me? I tried to play CTP2 via Internet, but I didn't find a server. I have installed the currently apolyton edition and I hace done what you described before - but I still didn't find a server.
          Check out this thread. There is posted an up-to-date servers.dat.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Who's maintaining/paying for the servers anyways?
            "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
              Who's maintaining/paying for the servers anyways?
              I don't know for sure. I was reading around those Battlezone forums in the thread Martin linked to above, and it seems like someone posting there is paying for them. I doubt it gets much traffic from CtP1/2 anyway, but I hope they don't mind us using it now and again.

I would only use the 911 server though, as I read on their froums that someone was trying to hack people's PC's on the other two servers.

Comment

Working...
              X