Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to calculate the cost for units + wonders

Hi,

As most of you know by now, Walter and I are tweaking AOMIV a bit here and there.
    One of the things we'd like to do, is change the effects of two wonders and the stats of one unit.

The difficulty is, how this affects the cost. Is there some kind of formula you guys use?

The unit I'd like to change is the Elephant Warrior. As it is now, it has a ranged ability it never uses , since it always begins battle in the front row. I would therefore like to increase the attack value and/or the damage rating, and maybe, just maybe lower its defences just a bit (since the Elephants were awesome shock units, but once the enemy knew how to counter them, they were easily defeated or scared away). Can anyone suggest anything regarding the stats themselves and the price tag to put on this adjusted unit?

Second on the list is the Pyramids. I never build them, since the 30 Gold bonus just does not justify the cost of building the thing. Since the pyramids had a profound effect on happiness (probably anyway), I contemplated +1 Happiness, but there are already a few wonders in this time period that do that, so I decided upon one free shrine in every city . Can anyone suggest a cost for this? Surely the wonder will now be more valuable?

Finally, Theme Organization. This is Walter's idea. It now gives +1 happiness, but it historically was an army reform, so we thought that +1 HP woul make more sense. Same question, how to put a value on that?

Both happiness and hp's have a profound effect for many many turns to come, that's why I'm having trouble putting a price tag on it. Just curious to see whether there is some kind of general rule that could be used in calculating costs.

Greetz

T.
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

My advice is not to change too much, just try and keep the unit or wonder of similar strength/cost to ones of the time same.

It seems Stan changed the Hagia Sofia from giving free Shrines to giving +1 happiness, I don't know why though.

According to AOM_Wonder.txt the Pyramids gives +75 gold and it's roughly the cost of 10 spearman. That's not a bad wonder, and only Stonehenge is cheaper I think.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
    X