Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest for another Succession Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest for another Succession Game?

We'd need at least 3 people and no more than 6 really (not likely anyway), to keep it moving around fast enough.

Possibly using Ages of Man IV mod as if offers the greatest challenge, but other suggestions welcome.

We could also use the source code playtest, but I don't know what mods are fully compatible with it. Or we can use the playtest with no mod but I don't think it will be a great challenge yet.

The most important thing is that we finish the game though.

The last succession game was using Call to Conquest mod where we heroically lost somehow but we did at least finish it.
    Attached Files
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

I don't have AoMIV installed right now. of course I'd like to try out the playtest, probably on a harder setting or even what we have in the AE mod. Hopefully protra will finish his AI changes before we start this thing.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi,

I'm interested, I'd like an AOMIV game of course, I'm a fan of that mod, it's really challenging. But please, I beg of you, no hardest setting for barbs, it's like an infestation, no matter how good your economy is, you get drained attacking them.

I advise against AOM on AE though, from turn 40 or 50 onwards, turns process so damn slow, it can take up to 5 minutes or more.

Greetz

T
      Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

Excellent

AoM IV would probably be a more reliable base for a game right now. The playtest is pretty stable but the AI can be outmaneuvered quite easily even with bonuses. Lets see what Protra says though.

E could you get AoM IV installed, and would you play using that?

I'll leave it for a few days to see if we can get 1 or 2 more.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I have not tried AOM 4 yet.Many have posted in the past that this is the best mod ever made.
          Might be a great way to learn how it works.
          I have download my files .I was looking at garrsion count in the 785 build and found that it was very low.Using the cheat and going into AI cities I could see that many of them were a easy target for capture.
          Finding the right balance between defense and offense is a big factor in how long the AI can stay with you.
          Best mod that had perfect balance was Medmod2.
          But the AI in the builds manages its cities better and has true AI to AI diplomacy.
          Which ever mod has the best AI over all would be best.

Comment

I haven't played AoM IV in months so don't worry about not knowing the mod enough. We'll discuss all the important strategy in the thread anyway.

I'm going to test your AI tweaks in the playtest, just having some crashes at the moment though.

Comment

fall back to 771b in the meantime
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I sent a few PM's to some other people to join before we get started. I'll give it until Saturday at this time then we can start deciding settings.

Comment

Hi,

I somehow managed to stop the huge number of barbarians that showed up in my current AOM game, but rest assured, if you choose Marauders, you'll get a heavily military-oriented game, with not much opportunity to build the more 'peacefull' buildings (aimed at growth, productivity, happiness).

I strongly recommend NOT choosing the most difficutl setting for barbarians. I found a deep respect for those stacks, they even pop up in my dreams, but I can't seem to find the 'end turn' button in my dreams

T.
                  Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

It's a good point, I'd rather experience all of AoM against different AI's, not just the military side. I'm experiencing "marauders" now, and I haven't even reached the Dark Ages yet. I've killed 3 or 4 tribal leaders along my borders, and theres another couple of stacks roaming around which I can't take head-on yet.

In my last game I found no time for tile improving I would just allow the urban sprawl and occasionally build an outpost, otherwise it would all be spent on repairing units.

Even harder to find time to build or rush city improvements, gold is just better spent on festivities or upgrades IMO.

Comment

I want to play of course, but I don't have a decent internet connection for the next two to three weeks, so unless I can join then I'm out of luck.

I think the last succession game suffered from a little too much Korean effect.

Comment

Thats a shame HS, perhaps we can work something out though after we start. Let us know when you can play again.

Comment

OK guys I'm going to assume we're using Ages of Man IV, since we have most stating interest in it here. I've created a thread to decide the other settings here:

Others still welcome to join.

Comment

Well, I'll give this a shot, if there is still an opening. I've installed CTP2, the official patch, AoMII and the AoMIV update. Do I need to install E's tileset from the AoM website?

Comment

I hadn't but I have done now. Not sure what fixes it contains but it's the latest so I'm going with it.

And Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X