ctp2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctp2 questions

I sent this private message to someone the early morning before yesterday and I havent gotten a responce yet. I know It hasnt been that long since I sent the message however I am posting here so that I can possably get the answers quicker.

Hi, I have questions about ctp2. What does call to power 2 have that ctp1 doesnt have. also is there anything that call to power has that ctp2 doesnt have?
    (I have both games)

I have been playing with call to power however I havent really bothered with call to power 2 that much mainly becuase you can build space colonies and the game last longer however I may decide to start playing call to power 2 more often if I know that it is possable to do certain things with ctp2 as of now, such as:

add certain units and unit graphics from call to power to call to call to power 2.

make the game end in year 3000A.D

build space colonies and space improvements(space mine, space farm) using graphics from ctp1 and add the space units from ctp1 to call to power2.

add certain advances, city improvements or wonders from ctp1 to call to power2.

change what the words say in the library history tabs

add library grahics from ctp1 to call to power 2

add certain victories from call to power1 to call to power 2 including the victory movies

add the defeat movies from ctp1 to ctp2

can all this be done. If so then please give me instructions on how to do this?

also is there a way to get into space in call to power2 becuase in the game, I tried using a space plane to get into space but instaid a cancel sign pops up on the screen. I made shure that I had the apropriate advancemets. I also tried using a space lab but that didnt work either.

also where is the monument screen located?

Re: ctp2 questions

Hi ctp1addict, I'll try and answer your questions,

Originally posted by ctp1addict

Hi, I have questions about ctp2. What does call to power 2 have that ctp1 doesnt have. also is there anything that call to power has that ctp2 doesnt have?
    (I have both games)
    CtP2 has lots of things CtP1 doesn't have. Flanking units, expanding city borders, national borders are just some of the things.

add certain units and unit graphics from call to power to call to call to power 2.
    This is possible.

make the game end in year 3000A.D
    This is possible.

build space colonies and space improvements(space mine, space farm)
    Space layer is not possible without a lot of modification, possibly to the sourcecode.

using graphics from ctp1 and add the space units from ctp1 to call to power2.
    You can add any land, sea or air units from CtP1, but nothing in space, at least nothing more than what the Space Plane does in CtP2 (transports units). Unless you modify the sourcecode.

add certain advances, city improvements or wonders from ctp1 to call to power2.
    This is all possible.

change what the words say in the library history tabs
    This is possible.

add library grahics from ctp1 to call to power 2
    You can change any graphics in the great library you want, but I don't think you can add the animated library videos from CtP1 to the CtP2 library, but i haven't tried.

add certain victories from call to power1 to call to power 2 including the victory movies
    The CtP1 science victories would need major modification but I think it's possible. You can use any victory/defeat movies from CtP1.

can all this be done. If so then please give me instructions on how to do this?
    It would also be quicker and easier for you to explore the files, and the threads around here explaining how to modify things. That way you can learn how to do other things easily yourself, as most of the files are similar and quite simple to learn.

You could start with this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=121015

also is there a way to get into space in call to power2 becuase in the game, I tried using a space plane to get into space but instaid a cancel sign pops up on the screen. I made shure that I had the apropriate advancemets. I also tried using a space lab but that didnt work either.
    The Space Plane launch probably failed because you didn't have the gold needed to launch it. I can't remember the exact amount needed.

also where is the monument screen located?
    There isn't one.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

RE: Space plane - This now only "goes into space" when you use the special ability. I believe this must be targeted at a city and costs gold. In reality it just vanishes from the map and reappears a few turns later (as long you don't save and reload the game in the middle).

Comment

ctp2 questions

I am going to download the latest version of the sourcecode. Once I download the sourcecode, I want to make the major modifications that I have mentioned which is adding certain ctp1 winnig conditions/changing the cetain winning conditions in call to power 2. making space and being able to build space colonies. also to add the monument screen from call to power 1 into the game. Is there a guide to how to work the sourcecode?

also, due you hafto be a programmer to modify the source code?

Comment

You need to know C++ to be able to use the source code. There is no written guide but you can ask and someone will answer in their own time.

Comment

Re: ctp2 questions

Originally posted by ctp1addict
            also, due you hafto be a programmer to modify the source code?
            Probably not for everything, but you should be one for adding space since this is a huge effort, there are a lot of code sites to readd this. And finally you have to make the AI to use this.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X