Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in ww2 Scenario...Help!

Hello everybody...

I recently installed the ww2 scenario for CTP2, following all the instructions.

But I got a problem when I tried to play from the game; I've got this in a windows message:

- 'GU117.SPR' not found in asset tree -

And then the game crash, quit. I'm really annoyed for this error message, so If anyone can help me, thanks.

PS: I tried under the ORIGINAL and APOLYTON mod's.

-MaX (Chile, a large country in south America :-) we are very far each other ... )
    Attached Files

sounds like a missing unit sprite.

Check in default/gamedata folder for newsprite.txt

let us know which unit is supposed to be 117. We'll post it, but in the meantime to get around the error change the number '117' of that sprite to a sprite number that is already there. You'll atleast be able to start the game.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

He can start the game, it only gives the error when the scenario is started.

estoyenelcerro, I assume you downloaded the file "WW2 Scenario in ZIP (Spanish)"? It might be default.zip wasn't extracted to the right location.

GU117.spr is the French Infantry.

Look in your ...\Scenarios\Ww2\scen0000 folder, there should be another folder called "default". The same "default" folder should be in ...\Scenarios\Ww2\scen0001.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

The problem continues

Well, I still have a problem.

First thing I want to say, is I have the english version of that scenario, not the spanish (I think that version doesn't exist).

Now, I have the same DEFAULT folder in both, scen0000 & scen 0001 (maybe one or two zeros I missed, . I checked out and I found the GUI117.SPR in both folders.

But when I tried again to play FROM the game, the scenario loads, and, after finishing, the games still collapse, but with no windows error message.

I'm really annoyed. Can anyone help me?

- Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: The problem continues

Originally posted by estoyenelcerro
          Well, I still have a problem.

First thing I want to say, is I have the english version of that scenario, not the spanish (I think that version doesn't exist).

Now, I have the same DEFAULT folder in both, scen0000 & scen 0001 (maybe one or two zeros I missed, . I checked out and I found the GUI117.SPR in both folders.

But when I tried again to play FROM the game, the scenario loads, and, after finishing, the games still collapse, but with no windows error message.

I'm really annoyed. Can anyone help me?

- Thanks
          The scenario is available in Spanish, but I assume your Call to Power 2 game is English if the scenario was installed in English?

Also make sure that if you start the game with modswapper that you choose "Original game". Then start the scenario from in the game.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
          X