Any way to extract the music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to extract the music?

My original copy of CtP2 finally gave out and now I use my backup. It wouldn't recognize the cd so I use a patch, but now I don't get the music. Is there any way to extract the music from the cd, or to get the program to recognize a backup as the cd? Thanks!

The music is stored like that on an ordinary music CD and so can be ripped as normal. If you can't get your ripping software to accept the CD then you're a bit stuck. If you need help ripping just post back.

Comment

Hi,

I always had a similar question in the back of my mind. I am still not tired of the CtP2 music (in other games, you can really get fed up with the music that comes with the game), but always wondered if it would at all be possible to 'add' music files to the play list CtP2 uses. I was thinking of some tracks from Civ3, some from Age of Empires 2, and some from EU2. I was hoping someone working on the AE edition might one day come round to making this possible, but since there are so many other, directly game-related things yet to be done, I suppose this is far-distant dreaming;-)

Tellius
      Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

I used audiograbber. http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
        I got the music off of I and II and onto my iPod.
        The wall of the Achaians

Comment

the AE lets you play music through your windows media player or whatever else you are using. but you have to shut the ingame music off.

so to get ctp2 music and everything else you'll have to rip it then make a playlist on your favorite media player
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
          X