Screen Flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Flicker

I am trying to play CTP 2 on my new machine (see spec below) I have Direct X 9 with April update, and all drivers are updated. The screen flickers constantly throughout the game, it play okay other than that.

Can anyone tell me if there is a patch, or something I can do to stop it? I have tried changing resolution, but that didn't fix it.

Which version are you using (vanilla, patched or playtest)?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm using Call To Power 2, with latest patch 1.11.

Comment

Sorry if that didn't make sense. Vanilla is merely the unpatched game. The playtest is the latest version of the ongoing project to edit the CTP2 source code to add extra features and fix bugs. You can find more information on it here and here. It may be worth trying it to see if it fixes your problem but I can't make any guarantees.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Could be either your screen's refresh rate (too high could cause that), or there's a problem with your screen.

Comment

The only options I have for screen rate is 59 or 60 hz. I tried both. My screen works on other games that are much newer and more graphics intensive, so I do not think it is the screen.

Comment

did you try the files in cap's post?
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Not yet. I'm at work. Wil try this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by cap601
                    Sorry if that didn't make sense. Vanilla is merely the unpatched game. The playtest is the latest version of the ongoing project to edit the CTP2 source code to add extra features and fix bugs. You can find more information on it here and here. It may be worth trying it to see if it fixes your problem but I can't make any guarantees.
                    It sounds like this isn't as straight forward as just installing a patch. I don't know how to use .NET, and I'm a little apprehensive at expeerimenting with dll codes on my computer that runs everything I need ecept CTP 2. Any other ideas?

Comment

Did you try our AE patch? a link is the second lin in my signature. download the first three rars and then they revision build.

I think we had this flicker issue before and fixed it in these files.
                      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

May also be a graphics driver issue.

Try going to right-click desktop > properties > settings tab > advanced button > troubleshoot tab > and lowering the hardware acceleration on your graphics card by one notch each time.

I had a similar problem with certain Nvidia drivers, although the latest drivers worked fine for me, albeit on a different graphics card to yours.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give this a try this evening.

Comment

Nothing has worked so far. I tried slowing down the graphics acceleration to the point that the game would crash. Each increment down until that point would not correct the problem. I also deselected 1 of the CPUs and then the other and that didn't work. I also tried changing the screen size in the game, and I also tried checking the box under game properties for campatibility with Win 98/2000, 256 color mode, and tried changing the resolution. I also tried various combinations of these techniques, but it still flickers.

Comment

Working...
                            X