Still active players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still active players?

About how many players are still active playing CTP2??

A friend and I started playing CTP2 again, via himachi network. . I havent finished reading your forums yet, but I dont want to read the rest of the CTP2 forums and practice the game if nobody plays the game anymore. Playing against AI can be good practice but gets predictable after a while.

Thanks
    Addicted RON
    ArcticHigh TAP
    _FA_Tlaloc CIV 4

Yeah were active! And we've fixing bugs in the game so check it out!
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hello!

Still playing on and off. Playtest game files plus E,s build along with extras like E,s Diplomod gives Call to Power 2 new life.
      In a way the game has a learning AI because of the many updates and tweaks to improve performence.

Comment

As a heads up Protra I've been putting sometime on the diplo code so a new interface is coming but also I'm looking to make it like civ3/civ4's diplomacy where you can build your requests and offers instead of ctp2 tab system. I think that is one improvement everyone wants.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Active MP'ers, probably none on this forum. I would probably play often if there were more people. There are people still playing it that dont post here though too.

Probably quite a few active SP'ers if you include the Ages of Man mod (not compatible with MP).
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I have been practicing with the Sept 9th, 2006 Version.

What is the best version to play multi player on?
            Does it work for a lan type game?
            Addicted RON
            ArcticHigh TAP
            _FA_Tlaloc CIV 4

Comment

I prefer not to use the playtest versions for multiplayer. Although some important bugs are fixed from the original, there still seems to be many problems that dont appear in the 1.1 Activision patch version.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

1)So I should go back to the activison patched game to play multi player?

2) I know I am still noobish, but i was woundering if someone would be interested in playing a multiplayer game any version. Via a himachi network or any other method avaliable.

3) What are the closest settings I should use against the computer. Or what settings do you all use for Mulit player games. Diff level, barbarians, ect.
                Last edited by Addicted; November 24, 2006, 19:34.
                Addicted RON
                ArcticHigh TAP
                _FA_Tlaloc CIV 4

Comment

1) In my opinion, yes.

2) I only play on the one MP server left (you need the latest servers.dat file to see it, let me know if you want it). If you want to arrange a game let me know when you can play.

3) Impossible difficulty. Wonders, nukes, slavers and diplomats are normally excluded.

Comment

What about map size, number of players, Barbarian threat level and map levels??
                    I use 50% Wet/Dry, Warm/Cold, Few/Many goods.
                    80% Land , Continetn and Diverse.
                    Sorry for the questions, I just want to practice at your settings.
                    Last edited by Addicted; November 25, 2006, 18:41.
                    Addicted RON
                    ArcticHigh TAP
                    _FA_Tlaloc CIV 4

Comment

Well i play any land settings so the ones you mentioned are fine by me.

Barbarians are usually the top setting, so its harder to open a lot of ruins without risk.

Ive attached the servers.dat file, just extract it to your ...\ctp2_program\ctp folder. Then you should be able to join the 911 server.

Ive sent you a private msg too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am still here but not looked on here recently. I now play AoMIV

Comment

Waiting for the next build so as to start fresh.Hope to see many posts on how their game is going.Lets compare notes on strategies.

Comment

Working...
                          X