Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing your own tileset

Hi,

With AOM4 on the horizon, I was planning on mixing my own tileset. I really really like the rivers E made, as well as his plains, grasslands and jungles. But I also like things from the original tileset and from Stan's set.

Stan told me to use only one of the two til files, the one with "normal colors" when opened in the tileset editor. But E's latest tileset only contained one til file, the "strange colored" version. I'd like a definite answer before beginning to murk around with this, what file of the two does the program actually use? If it's the strange colored one, how to get to this somewhat strange looking palette? I suppose CtP uses its own palette, which is responsible for the awkward colors.

I suppose the mixing itself will be pretty straightforward (saving what I like in a file to an image, which I then import afterwards in the finale file, right?)

Thanks for any advice.

Roeland
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

The game only requires gtset565.til (funny coloured one) to run. You can change it to "in-game colour mode" in TileEdit when youre changing the tiles.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

the weird color one is what the game use (IIRC 565) but the one to edit is 555 which is understandable to the human eye. on saving it converts it to a 565. I'm not sure how to convert back but I can send you my 555 if you want it
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the input, and yes, I would like to have your 555 file E! I'll also have to figure out how to input 'alternative looks', for instance for plains, you have a normal plain tile, but also some with shrubs here and there. Maybe some other tilesets don't have this, which might explain why E's tileset shows just fine, and other tilesets generate sometimes large amounts of black tiles.

E, my email is still roelandpoukens@gmail.com and thanks a lot in advance.

Tellius

Comment

City Styles

Hi,

A bit off topic, but still related to making AOMIV look as best as possible.

E, I am determined to get your beautifull city styles to work in AOMIV (for myself, but if it works, I might find a place to host where others can download it).
          All I had to go on was citystyles.txt, where there only seems to be a link to a tga file for each city style. But what other txt and slc files are necessary to look into? I mean, there must be more to citystyles than just citystyles.txt, how else will the program link to the correct sprite files when placing cities? This is all I need to know, I'll figure it out from there by trial and error.

Thanks in advance

Tellius

Comment

The file you want is agecitystyle.txt.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Hi,

Thanks very much for the tip, the txt file you mentioned is found and seems very plausible.

If all I want to do is get the program to display different sprites (E's beautifull city pics) instead of the standard ones on the map, will I need to alter any other files (for instance citystyles.txt)?

Thanks again Maquiladora

Tellius

Comment

No, you dont need to change anything else.

Comment

just make sure you use my sprite numbers. And for AoM it has to use the AOM_agecitystyle I believe. And remember my file is formatted different for the AE (Martin fixed the seasprite bug) so you probably don't need my venice sea sprite.
                  Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                  X