Plz HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz HELP!!!

my CTP 2 keeps crashing to windows after a certain amount of years have gone by. usually around 2400 - 2600 AD. why is that so?

the error i get when i crash is

"CTP 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

i tried using PC and laptop and i still get this problem. it doesnt matter wat i do as long as i reach a certain advancement, u know when the city changes into this little funky blue shape it will always crash
    Last edited by theunraveler; June 27, 2006, 13:45.

btw my CTP2 is juz the normal version 1.1 i havent installed any mods yet until i can figure wats wrong with the program. does anyone have a similiar problem as me?

Comment

did you download the patch?

post a saved game and give us your system specifications please
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

how do i submit a saved game here? my spec for PC is 2.4ghz with geforce fx5200 card and 512 ram. but i am currently using laptop to play the game , the laptop spec is centrinon 1.5M with 512 ram and an intergrated graphics card, my laptop is bought 1 year ago so i thnk it shld be able to handle the game

the error signature "AppName: ctp2.exe AppVer: 1.2.0.0 ModName: ctp2.exe
        ModVer: 1.2.0.0 Offset: 00042707"

and yes i patched to v1.11
        Last edited by theunraveler; June 28, 2006, 10:06.

Comment

the map i play is usually gigantic with 8 AI players, does map size have anything to do with the game crashing after passing a certain year? i notice it tend to happen when its the AI's turn to move

Comment

here is the file
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the file.

The direct trigger for the crash seems to be the destruction of a city by rising water levels from pollution. But it could also be a combination of events. There are some cities at risk to revolt, so the program might be attempting to destroy the units in the city twice.

I don't think the forcefields have anything to do with it.

It is an error in the program logic, so - unless you want to play Civ4 - don't worry about your system specs.

Comment

is there anything i can do to prevent that?

Comment

No, not really (yet). Except for playing aggressively, and killing off the AI before it can generate high levels of pollution.

Using your file, we will try to fix the problem(s) in the source code, but this will take some time.

Comment

Working...
                  X