Problem with Apolyton pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Apolyton pack

I have encountered a problem with CtP2 that is really bugging me. I think it is a result of running the game with the Super Apolyton Pack. Whenever I start a new game on the regular sized map it puts me on one big massive continent and the others on their own little islands. Although I am yet to get to the early Gunpowder times, I have noticed that the AI do not explore the seas and don't land on my continent. Is this a problem with the scripting or does the AI venture out later on in the timeline?

This is just a guess, but probably the best one : IMHO the makers of the Apolyton Pack were not that much interested in optimizing the map settings for "normal" maps, but rather for big and gigantic maps (which are a compromise compared to the map scale of Apolyton Pack v1 anyway). I have to admit I never tried to play the Apolyton Pack with regular maps myself . That would explain why the program always generates one big continent and some small islands.

Player placement has IMHO always been an issue of the original game that's on my personal wishlist for the source code (although I claimed a feature freeze in the sorce code thread )

The AI being unable to undertake cross-water invasions and almost unable to colonize other continents (beyond occasional settling here and there) is normal for the original/Activision 1.11 game. As far as I could see during my testing the Apolyton Edition has significantly improved at least their overseas settling capability, AFAIK some effort has been put into army/navy co-ordination too.
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

That's correct. SAP2 was optimized for huge and gigantic maps (and also for ultra-gigantic).

Dale

Comment

Working...
      X