Stan Karpinski Audio Interivew (Part 1) Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Karpinski Audio Interivew (Part 1) Promo

Apolyton Civilization Site ( http://apolyton.net ) [ACS], one of the oldest and premiere online fansites for the Civilization computer strategy gaming series and its extended family, is today publishing the promo of the first audio interview segment with Stan Karpinski on The Ages of Man, an extensive Call to Power II modification that many argue stands as a successor to the series it is based on. It will be the first in a four-part verbal chat with Karpinski, AoM`s Project Lead, as part of ACS` "Game Developer Series" (GDS) served through its Radio (ACSR) service. This `sneak peak` is two minutes in length and 938KB in filesize.

Karpinski is interviewed by ACS Co-Owner/Administrator Daniel "DanQ" Quick, who is also ACSR`s Station Manager. The full 40m:42s Part 1 of Karpinski`s interview will begin broadcasting on demand on ACS on January 24th with Part 2 to follow on February 7th. All GDS broadcasts are streamed on-demand at 64kbps in MP3 format. For best results, ACS recommends the Winamp application from Nullsoft.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; January 22, 2006, 20:38.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I found the promo quite hard to hear at some points, mainly when the music was playing over Stan's voice and the fluctuations in volume.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      I found the promo quite hard to hear at some points, mainly when the music was playing over Stan's voice and the fluctuations in volume.
      Yes, the promo is not perfect. I worked on cleaning and boosting the audio, and minimizing volume fluctuations, but was not entirely successful at all points as you have said.

What of the parts that you could hear then?

---------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I heard it all eventually after a few listens through, mainly the music overlap at the beginning was the hardest part, the rest is leaveable IMO.

At first i thought you were calling Stan "David" but i guess this is hexagonian later on.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thank you Daniel Quick for keeping Call to Power 2 alive.and showing support for the game. Ages of Man has to rate as some of the best mod work done on any game . Stan Karpinsk has gone well beyond what was thought possible,hope the interview captures his passion for the game. I was happy to support the game and hope every fan will do the same.
          Just a note check the read me on AOM 2 and you will see what I mean. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            I heard it all eventually after a few listens through, mainly the music overlap at the beginning was the hardest part, the rest is leaveable IMO.
            See? The promo was so intriguing that it made you listen again and again...

In all seriousness, there are variations in the audio volume both in this promo and the interview itself, but I had to balance adjusting amplification and eliminating in-turn boosted background noises without making either Stan or myself sound 'tinny'. It's not ideal, but as you pointed out it was the music overlap that was the hardest part to listen to: don't want the music too loud obviously, but not too quiet either as if it wasn't even there in the first place. There is only minimal music overlap near the beginning and at the end of each interview part, and it is blended with my voice almost if not exclusively.

As we progress from part-to-part, I believe that "equalization" only gets better.

At first i thought you were calling Stan "David" but i guess this is hexagonian later on.

Yes, Hexagonian is the David I am referring to in that soundbyte. See, it's all part of that "[w]ant to put this into context?" line of mine...  

Originally posted by Protra3211
            Thank you Daniel Quick for keeping Call to Power 2 alive.and showing support for the game.

Thank you for the kind words.

[..] hope the interview captures his passion for the game.

I believe it does. I hope the majority of listeners will to.

--------
            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

---------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
              X