Hi, I'd like to download the CTP2 music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'd like to download the CTP2 music

Me + my friend just got Civ4 and we would like to transfer the music from CTP 2 into it, cuz it we liked it that much Is this possible? Could anyone give us a hand per chance?

Thanks all

if you have ctp2 ripping to mp3s might be a start. i dont have civ4 so i cant help on that side.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

And then you might need to put the music somewhere in Civ4\assets\sounds\soundtrack. But I don't have Civ4 too, this is second hand information.
      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

You can probably just rip the CTP2 music to mp3s and then play it in the background with your favorite media player when you're playing Civ4. As for downloading the music; I don't think we can help you with that here.

Comment

How to rip music from CTP2? There is a folder:

Call To Power 2\ctp-data\default\sound

which contains sounds effects (wav files) and then there is a big file "sound.zfs" 22,7Mb. Is the music in that or where is it?

Comment

No, the music is only on the CD, it's not installed onto your hard disk. You can rip it with anything that can rip normal audio CDs, like CDEx (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/).

Comment

Thanks Bytheway, I downloaded CDEx, ripped those songs to mp3 files and it worked! Next I'll try to put them to "my documents\My Games\Sid Meyer's Civilization 4\customassets\sounds\soundtrack\modern" and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X