CD2? Which CD2?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD2? Which CD2?!

Ok... got CtP2. I just wanna try a game or two of Age of Man actually.

I installed and patched. Fine. I run the program, and I click play... and it demands CD2.

I'm sorry, don't have that. Is there actually a CD2? Cuz I only have one here...

Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

how many drives do you have? is this the xplosiv version?
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I have one CD (and one CD/DVD drive if it's what you meant). What's this xplosiv version?

Comment

Is there written "XPLOSIV" on the gamebox? If there is, it's propably a xplosiv version
        The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
        - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Then I have xplosiv

Comment

I've heard thexplosiv version has problems.. i think maquiladora might know the answer but there also have been other threads mentioning the problem. Did you check the faq
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Stankarp added to AOM a file that is is needed for the CD-check and is CD-specific. So if your CD is not equavalent with your CD you have a problem, but the file you need is on your CD. For that you have to locate the file on your CD, it is in the directory D:\Setup\data\Add\ctp2_program\ctp\ (if D is your cd-drive). It is called texture.dat, you have to copy it over the according file in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder and than it should work.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Doesn't work. I'm happy if it worked for others... but it didn't for me.

Someone knows if the Age of Man developers have CDs they KNOW to be working? Shouldn't be very expansive even if I play little. I could pay and get it sent digitally, who knows.......

Comment

When I first started thinking about releasing CTP2 I was told all CTP2 game discs were identical.

However, after I released, a number of people reported that AOM would not recognize their ctp2 disc. Subsequently, I found out that some discs are not identical to the original release (which AOM was designed on), especially Xplosiv discs out of the UK.

This procedure has worked for many other people including with xplosiv discs.

Go into your CTP2 disc using right click explore from my computer.
                  Go to ctp_program/ctp and there is a small file ther, texture.dat.
                  Copy that and paste it into the same place in the AOM folder Ictp_program.ctp.

Stan Karpinski.

Comment

Re: CD2? Which CD2?!

Originally posted by Trifna
                    Ok... got CtP2. I just wanna try a game or two of Age of Man actually.

I installed and patched. Fine. I run the program, and I click play... and it demands CD2.

I'm sorry, don't have that. Is there actually a CD2? Cuz I only have one here...
                    For the record, that's just a typo. There is no CD2.

Comment

sounds good to me
                      soner8

Comment

Working...
                      X