Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to counter spies

Hi,

I've just been robbed blind by a Canadian spy. Now, I have a trade pact and a peace treaty with these guys, I would like these to remain in effect. At first, I quickly produced a spy of my own (up until that point, I thought only those fascists could 'see' enemy spies, a visit to the great library cured me of that misunderstanding) using 'Buy it now', and can now see the Canadian spy. But if I let him be killed by my troops, Canadian hell breaks loose! End of pacts, full scale war!

Is there a more favorable way to get rid of that damn spy?

Thanks
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

I think you can expel him
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Get rid of him as E said.

If you want to reduce his chance of success once he does get inside, keep a Spy (or Fascist or Cyber Ninja) of your own inside your cities likely to be targetted by their spy, theres a greater chance of failure.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! If only I knew the fascist was not the only counter measure against spies, this wouldn't have happened. You keep learning, right?

I was missing the option though, of sending a message to the Canadians to express my anger!!!;-) When I used spies against a former foe earlier in the game, I got a message of their anger towards me!

Thanks again

Tellius
        Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

You don't need spies to see other spies. Any unit that can be hidden or invisible to see, eg spies can see other hidden or invisible units. I remeber Slave Labourer is hidden and no one can see him either, and he can see spies also. Not shure about missinaries, can't remember if they are invisible units as well.

What I do is usually in my big cities is to have one of these units so I can see hidden\invisible units and then use an army unit and expel him(the boot button I believe) and they leave with no bad releations with the other civ.

hope this helps

Davor

Comment

Working...
          X