resynchronization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resynchronization

I play multiplayer whit next player. In middle of game (3-4 hours) start resynchronization. I have no changes, but other player change science. How can avoid resynchronization?

sadly you can't - its one of the big MP bugs. Still there is something in the FAQ i wrote about this.

Its goes like "To avoid being kicked out the game permantly, ensure 'Dynamic rejoin' is selected in the LAN MP set up screen. This will enable a player to rejoin the game and carry on where he left of"

Its not perfect cause you do lose production/science and tile improvements being built, and probably some other things, but atleast you can carry the MP game on.

Also i remember that sometimes the more powerfull PC's would tend to resync more often than if you were using one closer to the recomeded specs?(but i wouldn't worry about that too much).
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Yeah its better to have the highest spec PC and best connection hosting. I also noticed that resynchs late in the game are more frequent if the waiting player is messing with a lot of windows and unit orders, especially if a battle is involved between those players in the same turn, and Ive heard of the game both resynching, and crashing even, when a player is zooming in or out.

With the default sized gigantic map, 2 human civs, I used to start getting resynchs around turn 300, its all about how many units, cities, civs etc there is on the map though obviously, so its best to keep MP games to as least amount of players as possible, ie, no AI civs will always help.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
      X