The Ages Of Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ages Of Man

Just in case anyone has missed it, The Ages Of Man has gone public and will ship next month.

The Website is:

Apolyton Thread link is:

AOM is due to ship by Mid April. Time is still available for minor changes to some things.
    AOM has many special historical units, made up of WONDER UNITS and HEROES.

The ancient WONDER_UNITS are; HAMMURABI, RAMSES, NEBUCHADNEZZER, ALEXANDER_THE_GREAT, CAESAR.
    The Medieval WONDER_UNITS are; BARBAROSSA*, HERACLIUS, SALADIN*, CHARLEMANGE, MONTEZUMA*, SOLIMAN_THE_MAGNIFICENT*, SUN_TZU* AND WILLIAM_THE_CONQUEROR*.
    Wonder units with a * after their name are limited to the wonders available to the specific governments of the middle ages.

Ancient HEROES ARE;XENOPHON, EPAMINONDAS, HANNIBAL, SCIPIO AFRICANUS, MARIUS AND VERCINGETORIX.
    Medieval HEROES are;BELISARIUS, CHARLES MARTEL, RICHARD THE LIONHEART, BOHEMUND, DE LA VALETTE, ALP ARSLAN AND EL CID.

I would like to include one more Ancient and one more Medieval Hero. If you have some favourites, you can suggest up to two, one a new one and one a replacement for an existing one.

I will start the ball rolling by suggesting LEONIDAS as a new Ancient Hero.

Awesome!!! How the heck have I missed this for so long! Looks like some very impressive work Stankarp, nicely done, I'm very much looking forward to giving it a go (...if I can ever find enough hours in my day )

Comment

Is it still going to be hosted on Apolyton?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I noticed on the units.pdf on the AoM website theyre sorted alphabetically, this makes it hard to understand anything of the flow of the HUGE unit tree, sorting by age like the Cradle units.pdf would be better.

Also are you planning to release a misc info.pdf like Cradle with the unit upgrade paths, government stats etc? That was really useful to me learning Cradle.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
          Apolyton Thread link is:
          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...30&pagenumber=5
          That link suffers from a copy-paste error .

Comment

Well how is Age of Man? Anyone plan to do a review of the game? I know its a add on but seems like its much more.

Comment

Have a look on the forums http://www.interwebgames.com.au/aomforum/index.php theres some game reports and other stuff mentioned there.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Protra3211
                Well how is Age of Man? Anyone plan to do a review of the game? I know its a add on but seems like its much more.
                I will be reviewing it after I play it some. Which is, 3-4 days after I play it (after downloading), plus possible 1-3 days delay because of RL issues. In other words, I will put my review up about a week after it becomes available for download.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Looking forward to it. I know that you have worked on CtP2 AI files for awhile now and might give your thoughts on what changes should be made if any.
                  Its hard to believe that a game this old is still many steps ahead of alot of new strategy titles.
                  The game has been refind

Comment

Working...
                  X