Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Mods

Hi,

I just 'discovered' this site and immediately opened the 'mods' section of the Call to Power II part of the site. There seem to be some really good mods out there, but as I understood it, you first have to install the latest 'modswapper', and then you install the mods you want. You can only use one mod at a time right? A game started (and saved) within a certain mod can only be continued in a later session in the same mod, right too?

The reason I'm asking this, is that I'd really like to see, for instance, the Visual Wonders ánd the Natural Wonders and if possible, both of these within, say, the Apolyton Pack. I mean, surely it must be possible to make the game look better and play a more extensive mod at the same time...

I hope there's a way around this problem, if not, well, I think playing the Apolyton Mod is going to be my first choice (for my first mod ever for any game!). I was just hoping to be able to throw in some 'eye candy' (Natural Wonders, Visible Wonders) at the same time and within the same game.

Thanks a lot in advance for any input

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

You're correct about the first two questions yes.

If you're quite good at the game and want more of a challenge, Cradle of Civilization and Call to Conquest are both probably better than the Apolyton Pack. I think one of them may include the Natural/Visible Wonders mod, I'm not sure.

The Ages of Man is probably better than Cradle, if you have a credit card and can wait until it's released.
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

Well if youre new to CtP2 I suggest sticking with Apolyton Pack for now.

Im not sure about NW and VW though, it will say in the readme exactly how to install them (though not so sure if they work together) for various mods. Apolyton Pack does support them though.

As for Ages of Man it will be great when its released and even if you dont have some way of paying online, you can still download it for free when it gets hosted on Apolyton.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Visible Wonders is more along the lines of eye candy rather than an element that impacts gameplay. So imo, it is not really necessary to enjoy the current crop of Mods. It is a part of Cradle though.

In terms of gameplay, Cradle is considered to be the toughest CTP2 Mod currently available. (Emphasis on currently...) In terms of play depth and overall challenge, I'd wait for Ages of Man to be released at the end of April. (and the graphics in used in Visible Wonders have been cleaned up for AOM)

You can play Cradle to familiarize yourself to the type of gameplay that will be in AOM, as the Cradle files are the basis for AOM.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the answers guys! I just finished installing the latest ModSwapper, the Apolyton Tile File (since this seems to be necessary for the natural and visible wonders) and the Cradle Pack.

I was also very interested in the Diplomacy Mod, the readme file seems to suggest it will have an impact on whatever game you start, whether that's going to be a 'regular' game or a modded one. Am I correct in this assumption? Or will this mod also appear as yet another mod in the modswapper?

Luckily there was a fixed post for newbies on this forum, guiding me towards the best mods of the available files, I haven't found a similar document on the Civ3 forum yet, and those guys have a LOT more files available, it's going to be really difficult to find the real gems here. Pounders graphical files anyone? Those look great. Ah well, that's for the future (and for anohter forum come to think of it), I'm looking at a lot of hours of CTPII gameplay as it is with these new mods.

Thanks

Tellius
          Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

Working...
          X