Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone of Voice & Trust

Hi there,

Just a few questions to help out a new CTPII player...

Does tone of voice affect the acceptance or rejection of a proposal or an offer?

Is there a scale for trust? What is the max and min trust level?

Thanks,
    -J

welcome

tone? i think the top one (laughing) is good if u r much better than them, the second (smile) is the overall best one, the third is good when asking for something for someone much more powerful, idk if the last one can help, but the Ai tends to use it

i have no idea how to build trust, and w/ the mods, never trust the Ai

i cant be sure, i played a long time but...diplomacy...

Comment

The tone of voice is important and I use it like Huang said.

IIRC the trust levels are:

distrustful
      wary (not sure about this)
      vigilant (default)
      "they have faith in you"
      "the completely trust you"

Best way to build up trust is to make a treaty with them(like peace treaty) and not break it.

Comment

It can be difficult to work out what works best in some situations.
        The way your diplomatic tones are recieved is also based on the personality of the nation leader you are talking with.
        I've never found a fast and hard rule that works in all situations, and sometimes even if you have a clear advantage over another civ, they just wont like anything you say to them, no matter how you try to phrase it.
        So expect the unexpected sometimes
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang

tone? i think the top one (laughing) is good if u r much better than them, the second (smile) is the overall best one, the third is good when asking for something for someone much more powerful, idk if the last one can help, but the Ai tends to use it
          the "laughing" "smile" etc... are these part of the mod?

I also have confronted this and have wondered about the choices. So far, I just have been trying different combinations trying understand the cause and effect.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

to be honest, i don't think that a different tone of voice has actually any influence on the result of the negotiation... it's just something they have put in the game but didn't implement correctly... in my experience, it doesn't work...
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

are you serious...well, that's disappointing. I've been thinking deeply over the tone to choose when playing my current game. All that time lost!

Has anyone done any tests to find a cause and effect?
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I did a test a long time ago, it wasn't very enlightening, and like Alex said above i also got the feeling that it was a bit broken. Or at least so subtley programmed that it can act more like real human diplomacy(flawed) rather than in a logical manner.

Still, i also tend to use the tone i think i should in any given situation just for the hell of it - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Looking around the source it seems mainly for flavour. Do people want it to have more effect?
                  Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
                  -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

more effect is nice, but in real life, does it?
                    flavor or not, it really is just an intro screen type thing to me

Comment

Working...
                    X