CTP2 screen out of line....please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 screen out of line....please help

For some unknown reason, when I launch CTP2 it loads and seems ok but then when the game video plays its all juddery i.e. the video plays in sort of diagonal strips and looks bit mappy. When pressing escape to exit into the game setup the screen is then halfway up on the horizontal i.e. the start game buttons are not at the bottom but in the middle of my monitor. Its like the game screen had moved up 50%.

Ive reinstalled graphics drivers, Direct X, even reinstalled Windows and the whole CTP2 game inc mods etc… still its not working.

For info I have a knackerd old Pentium 3 600mhx, 20gig HDD (1.3gig free), 256mb ram, Nvidia Riva TNT2 32mb graphics card.

Are there any suggestions how to resolve this? Could it be something to do with a virus? Spyware, adware etc. There is some nasty stuff on my PC but not much, I do run with antivirus, zonealarm, spybot etc.

Please help……..

maybe just uninstall the mods and try it vanilla?

BUt isn't there a way to disable the video on start up? I've been looking for that too.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Barley youve had so many problems Did you ever get the city manager working normally again?

I used to have a TNT2 and would get allsorts of strange graphical errors when I used certain nvidia drivers for CtP1/2. Certain drivers would be fine in CtP but totally ****ed up in other games like shogun TW and sim city.

Have you tried lowering the graphics hardware acceleration? Although if it was working fine before did you change anything significant before it started acting up?
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
      X