City name auto-generate list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City name auto-generate list

What file stores the city names that are automatically generated when you build a city? I wanted to add a bunch, as I am geting sick of cityname1 type cities (and cityname2, cityname3...)

Is there a way that I can create a completely new civilization, with its own name, leaders, city names, etc?

The files you need are civilisation.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and civ_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. civilisation.txt contains the civilsation definitions and civ_str.txt contains the strings reffered by the civilisation.txt.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I found the former, but it didn't have the info. I needed, thanks for the heads-up about the latter.

Comment

So if I want to go beyond 30 predefined city names, can I just add, for example,

CIV_CITY_NAME GREEK_CITY_31
        CIV_CITY_NAME GREEK_CITY_32
        CIV_CITY_NAME GREEK_CITY_33

to the civilisation.txt file, and then add

GREEK_CITY_31 "Charon"
        GREEK_CITY_32 "Geryon"
        GREEK_CITY_33 "Charybdis"

to civ-str.txt?

Comment

Why don't you try it. The worst thing that could happen is to make CTP2 crash. But to answer your question: Yes it is the way as it works.

I just should say that mods like ApolytonPack already have more city names per civ.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X