Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online playing problem

Hi,

I can't find any servers with CtP 2. I have the patch 1.11 and the new server.dat. I work with a netgear router with port forwarding. CtP 1 online gaming works fine but ctp 2 refuse to work....

any help out here?

Youll have to be more specific, what happens when you replace the servers.dat file and enter the list of servers?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

i see no server list.... it serches only for servers, it dosn't advance to the server list....

Comment

Then you dont have the most up to date servers.dat file or maybe you put it in the wrong folder?

Heres the one im using that displays the one remaining server.

Into ...\ctp2_program\ctp
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

thanks... now ist works

Comment

Maybe Locutus should replace the version of the servers.dat in the directory by the most up to date one. By the way can anybody tell me I can I create my own servers.dat, for instance for the next time and so that I don't have to look it up.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
              Maybe Locutus should replace the version of the servers.dat in the directory by the most up to date one.
              I already did, a few seconds after Maq posted a link to the most up-to-date version

By the way can anybody tell me I can I create my own servers.dat, for instance for the next time and so that I don't have to look it up.
              Try to start an MP game yourself. As soon as you're in the server selection screen, you will have the most up-to-date servers.dat file. Only works if your existing file contains at least one valid server though.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                I already did, a few seconds after Maq posted a link to the most up-to-date version
                Well I didn't know.

Originally posted by Locutus
                Try to start an MP game yourself. As soon as you're in the server selection screen, you will have the most up-to-date servers.dat file. Only works if your existing file contains at least one valid server though.
                Well my question was rather about the case if the servers.dat doesn't contain any valid servers. However servers.dat as string isn't part of any source files of the CTP2 project. However you can find the string in anet2d.dll, dp2.lib and dp2d.lib. Unfortunatly I don't have the source code of these files. However I assume the servers.dat is generated from the info in bootserv.txt, well at least it would be logical, as the original version of the file only contains Activision servers and the bootserv.txt is also as string contained in three files I mentioned.

-Martin

Comment

You might be able to find info at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/anet-server/ Martin.

[quote]It's a bit tedious. You have to use gtest to do it.
                  The doc to do that is buried somewhere in

or you can ask someone else who's already done it
                  for an updated servers.dat.[/quite]

Comment

Thank you, Maq. But I'd like also to test this bootserv.txt idea can you give me the name of the most current server again?

-Martin

Comment

911.alink.namesdepot.net

Comment

It's indeed the bootserv.txt from that the initial server list is generated. That's know the content of my file:

Code:
                        911.alink.namesdepot.net 911.alink.namesdepot.net
                        us1.alink.activision.com us1.alink.activision.com 
                        us2.alink.activision.com us2.alink.activision.com 
                        uk1.activision.co.uk uk1.activision.co.uk
                        My first trial was to add the server at the end of the list on the left side the server url and nothing on the right side. But nothing changed to I added the server url at the beginning and shifted the other names accordingly. I didn't see that the strings on the left and the right side are identical, so I got an server in the list but it was called us1.alink.activision.com. Well that wasn't the idea, so I corrected the bootserv.txt but nothing changed so I deleted the servers.dat again and that helped.

So my suspicion is that the game looks for servers from the bootserv.txt only if there is no servers.dat and generates a new servers.dat from that list. Otherwise it tries to find a server.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X