Diplomacy and Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy and Trust

How do I increase the trust of AI nations? All of them admire me, some even love, but all are wary. I haven't gone to war with them, I haven't kicked out any of their special units or used any unconventional tactics on them, nor am I within their borders but the buggers still don't trust me?

I imagine it's a common question but I can't find any faqs that cover this.

As in real-life trust builds over time. The longer you keep to agreements you've made the quicker trust builds up. If you attack someone without declaring war that kills trust a lot, things like that.

Locutus wrote a short guide to handling diplomacy well, I can't for the life of me remember where it was but in it it said do things like, give the AI large gifts of gold over time rather than giving small gifts often, and also give the AI your map every 10 turns, not sure if this builds trust and regard or just regard.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      Locutus wrote a short guide to handling diplomacy well, I can't for the life of me remember where it was but in it it said do things like, give the AI large gifts of gold over time rather than giving small gifts often, and also give the AI your map every 10 turns, not sure if this builds trust and regard or just regard.
      The bottom part of this post. It's also part of the MedMod as one of the readme files.

But Maq summarised it fairly accurately...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X