Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Call to Conquest : bug or conflict with other mod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Call to Conquest : bug or conflict with other mod ?

Hi there

I'm playing with Call To Conquest mod, and at this time, i see strange thing in my game.

At 1000 AD, i saw Chinese come to me with "Early tank" (that's the name in the database). My most powerfull unit was at this time Musketeer and Canon, so I thought "Hey, they are better than me in science !".
    So I built a Spy and go near a Chinese town to steal technology.

And there's the strange thing : when my Spy tried to steal technology, there was a message "Chinese don't have technology we haven't".

Strange, because they captured 2 of my towns with their "Early tank" and "Artillery"...

Few turn later (i'm now in 1300 AD) every civilization have Early Tank and Artillery. But when i check the Science Advisor, i saw that i'm the first in science !!
    For example I have an ambassy with Greek, and i have 2 Technologies they don't have. But they come with Early Tank anyway (someone can explain them that they CAN'T have Early tank if i don't have them ? )

So is it a bug you know, or something else ?

I'm playing with the Apolyton Source Code Project, and mod Call to Conquest.

Notice that i tried to install "World War mod" last week end, but it doesn't work.
    So perhaps there's a conflict beetween Call To Conquest and World War ?

Well Eraly Tanks come with Internal Combustion and that come with Steel, well that are modern units, which city styles are used for your opponent cities - modern ones? Another possibility could be that you used ModSwapper to select another mod, and you continued your game with other rhules that could lead to strange result. Or the save game would crash on loading. Well check whether the selected mod in ModSwapper is Call to Conquest.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes it's Call to COnquest.

As you can see on the screen, Chinese don't use Moder City style, but have early Tank (as you can see near my town).

So it's probably a conflict with World War mod, when i tried to install the other day.
      I will reinstall all.

Comment

Actual it shouldn't be a conflict with World at War. Obviously there is something wrong with this game, but I don't know what, other then the ModSwapper thing.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I think you're right : perhaps i played with wrong mod this week end, just a few time when i tried World at War. And then, tech tree was bugged for others Civs.

Well, i reinstall all correctly, and i'll see.

Comment

In fact there's really a problem with those two mods :

I reinstalled CTP2, Patch 1.1, modswapper 1.12, and then "Wolrd War" mod.

I tried it, played fews hours with this mods and everything was ok.

Then i installed "Call to conquest" mod, and try to launch a new game : i was surprise to see that i started at 1 AD, with a modern settler ! So i wasn't in "Call to Conquest" mod, but in "World War mod".

It's perhaps because it's the french version ?
            But it's strange, anyway.

Comment

Then i installed "Call to conquest" mod, and try to launch a new game : i was surprise to see that i started at 1 AD, with a modern settler ! So i wasn't in "Call to Conquest" mod, but in "World War mod".
              After you installed CtC did you re-run modswapper and select CtC from the modswapper menu first?
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes of course. I ran modswapper, selected "Call to Conquest", but was with "World War" mod.

I don't understand why, Call to Conquest works perfectly when i install it alone...
                And others mods don't have this problem : i have "Craddle", and "Apolyton pack" too, and there isn't conflict.

Comment

I don't see what the problem could be, but you could try using ModManager instead of ModSwapper.

Comment

Working...
                  X