Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game won't start

Hi there all.

I'va had Civ CTP2 for a while now, and have enjoyed playing it on my desktop computer (running XP Pro).

Now, at least for a while, i don't have access to that computer, so i've tried to install the game on my laptop. It seems to fit all the requirements for the game, and it installs without a hitch.

The problem comes when i try to start the game. The welcome screen appears, i click the button to start the game, the screen goes blank as of the opening movie is about to be played, then the game crashes back to windows and an error is reported by windows. Error reporting to microsoft turns up no suggestions to fix the problem!

Can you help!?

PS: If you can try to keep it simple! I'm not a very experienced gamer, so you patience is appreciated!

Ta,

-100percentpete-

It is very unlikely that we can help you with just this piece of information.

What is the exact error text? What version of CTP2 are you using - the original, or a playtest release? Are you able to view the intro movie at all - without using CTP2?
    You may try the latter by opening [...]\ctp2_data\default\videos\gm001.avi with Windows Media Player.

Comment

Working...
    X