No announcement yet.

7th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 8 October - 8 November 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maq I took it to read that he replayed the previous turn or two if the game kept crashing or a bug developed, etc.
    I've done that once or twice before, as without playing from a couple of turns back the game is lost.

But if it was just a city or two lost, etc, then replaying turns is a no go.
    3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ahhh, my first Nuke!
    Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

i'd agree w/ Martin Gühmann and J Bytheway in that a victory must be postpone-able for more turns whether or not the victory is reached as the player wills, that anarchy should not cause a game to be invalid alone, just as long as non-anarchy will not destroy the empire in the same situation, and finally, that anarchy should no longer have the 1000 city limit, b/c even a country in revolution cannot pull all those people and land together

also, i'd like to introduce the arguement that the mass settling at the end should be legal as long as the sustaining rule is met, b/c that can happened in the middle of the game after any major military victory, not to mention the mass-settle urge RL people would surely feel if the world was at peace or under a single (should be peaceful if they meet my seconded tourney rules) government
      Last edited by HuangShang; November 18, 2004, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by lewand
        I spent the last 2 turns of the game in Anarchy, because I wanted to enact Democracy (I played all the time Communismus). I don�t need Anarchy to build in last turn 50 cities (#2). I can have 150 cities in the turn of victory and I can postpone my victory one turn or 2 turns and more (#1).
        Well, we have already figured out that one does not need Anarchy to have twice as much cities as the city limit allow in the turn of victory. The question is whether you can keep these cities onces you have got them for just another turn without Anarchy. I doubt that I just can hit end turn in the game you have summitted, without loosing all the cities due to severe unhappy problems. And doubt also that the problem can be handles with heavy usage of entertainers. The only way I see is to go into Anarchy.

The problem is, can man artificially boost the score? What is the spirit of the tournament: competition amongst players, the best score, both of them or something else? Where exactly is the border of the artificiall pumping the score? EPW hat 5 settlers in his last turn. He can build 5 cities and get 50 points extra. Is it allowed? Can man build Wonders (for 500 points each), which aren�t necessary to win? etc...
        You hit the border when you do things you wouldn't do in a normal single player game. For instance we all build wonders, we all try to conquer the neighbors, try to event techs and so on. At least we try to build a growing and prospering empire. At least it should collapse at the next occassion. And that is what we have seen in your game.

Can I play more than once the same game (I have the advantage of knowing the map and starting locations)? I saved my game each year and if something went wrong, I replayed the last 1 or 2 turns. Is it allowed?
        Well of course as long you don't tell it. Or do you thing we can proove it, whether you opened the cheat editor, studied the map and then relaoded the game.

If I broke the rules, please erase my score. :
        You didn't realize that we are talking about future Tournerments not this one, did you.

P.S.
        Sorry EPW. I didn�t want to spoil your joy of victory. I didn�t think, that time for submit was over.
        Well it was Locutus' decision to give more time.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X