No announcement yet.

7th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 8 October - 8 November 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm ready to play my first tourney game, but I have a few questions.

Do you have to have the origional install of CtP2? patched or unpatched? I've presently have installed a version redone with the source code that I downloaded from Apolyton. Will this affect the game? Do I just download the game or do I need to install the WaW mod? Am I friggin' needy or what?

Thanks for babysitting me!
    The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Originally posted by Aias
      Do you have to have the origional install of CtP2? patched or unpatched? I've presently have installed a version redone with the source code that I downloaded from Apolyton. Will this affect the game?
      I created the game with a non-Apolyton Edition version of the game (but with patch, of course). I *think* it should at least in theory work on the AE as well, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Only one way to find out, I suppose

Do I just download the game or do I need to install the WaW mod?
      Regardless of whether you use the AE or not, you always need to install WaW.

Thanks for babysitting me!
      We aim to please
      Last edited by Locutus; October 12, 2004, 13:42.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

In my game the Russians and Assyrians had expanded much more rapidly than in EPW and Maq's game...
        Spoiler:
        Actually after looking at your game it looked like they expanded about the same. I destroyed a whole bunch of Assyrian cities, and a few Russian cities. I also went after the Russians fairly early, though after I took France and Spain and started my assualt on the UK, around turn 25 or so. They may not have had as much time to expand as they did in your game, but it doesn't look like they have that many more cities than they did in my game.

GG though, and I don't think you had all that much of an advantage as the twist becomes obvious after the first 5-10 turns.
        "

Comment

What part of the directory do I download this game into? Thanks again!
          The wall of the Achaians

Comment

It's a regular savegame, so in the directory where you keep all your savegames: [CtP2 root]\ctp2_program\ctp\save\games\[some folder]\

Comment

I really think I tend to leave my attacks too late... I'm not finding it overly hard to defeat the enemy, but perhaps I let them get too much of a foothold.

I'm over 100 turns now, and won't conquer the world for a little while yet...!
              Damn you guys were quick!
              3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Ahhh, my first Nuke!
              Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

I think i need lessons : i'm in 52ad and i'm the 7th civ in the world. Russians attacked me and allready won 2 cities...

Well, i'll try, anyway

Comment

sounds like me took me till 140 AD the first time around. not even worth submitting. lol.

Also I just want to say hi, i'm new to the site, but not new to ctp or ctp2. glad to see their are others out there playing this game still

Comment

AD139 Three players left: Russia and I share 70% of the world, and the Assyrians are clinging to about 10%. I have a whole bunch of wonders and better tech, better infrastructure and so on. I could win this war eventually, but the game crashes at the beginning of my 140th turn.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

try /reloadslic?
                      "

Comment

I had the same problem, and reloading slic didn't help.

I found that it always crashed during the Russians turn - so for something different I made peace with them, and then the turn went fine...!

Who knows...
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Is disbanding a city meant to get you a super-settler? It's so great conquering a size three city, disbanding it, and resettling the next turn for 7 additional pop-points.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hmm, I think you found a bug. You should tell Dale

Comment

Hey guys, can I submit a game that's not technically finished?

It's going to take me aaaaaages to finish this game. I'm nowhere near end turn, don't have a victory of any kind in sight, and to be honest this modest is becoming a tad tedious.

I'm streaking ahead on the power graph, but it's just taking a very long time to mop up those enemies that needing mopping...

Can I post the game as is?
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I win!
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X