Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP (email and lan) with ultra-gigantic map

Hello,

a friend and I want to play CTP2 with an ultra-gigantic map.
    Via internet it's very slow, he has got no dsl connection. So we decided to play per e-mail.
    I began and sent him the saved game. But when he was ending his turn the game crashed. He tried it again, but it was always the same.
    We played the newest playtest with good mod + apolyton pack (ultragigantic map). We just played the mods because of the map size. Is there an easier and more compatible way to play with such maps? Or aren't the mods the problem? Could it be better with tne next playtest, because I read that mods then will be better embedded?
    Another problem: sometimes I meet my friend (but not very often, because he lives in Berlin and me in Mannheim, ca. 700 km away) and then we play by lan. Is it possible then to play with the email games? Perhaps without the scenario editor? Because I don't want to see the unexplored areas.

Thanx for help!
    rdorau

Dont use mods in MP basically, they are more likely to crash. The mods mainly add a competitive opponent AI anyway, and you dont need that in MP because youre playing a human. The playtest is just that, a test, so you may get errors because its not finished.

If you want to play a larger map in the unmodded game then look for the file const.txt in \ctp2_data\default\gamedata and there is this part:

Code:
    MAP_SIZE_SMALL		26	52	2
    MAP_SIZE_MEDIUM		48	96	2
    MAP_SIZE_LARGE		64	128	2
    MAP_SIZE_GIGANTIC	70	140	2
    you can alter the first two numbers on the line, so to make the gigantic map twice as big change it to:

Code:
    MAP_SIZE_SMALL		26	52	2
    MAP_SIZE_MEDIUM		48	96	2
    MAP_SIZE_LARGE		64	128	2
    MAP_SIZE_GIGANTIC	140	280	2
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thank you, so we'll try this way.

Comment

Re: MP (email and lan) with ultra-gigantic map

Originally posted by rdorau
        We played the newest playtest with good mod + apolyton pack (ultragigantic map).
        The playtest is not very well tested in PBEM/hotseat, so that could be the source of the crashes. We welcome your bug reports over in the source code project forum .

Comment

Working...
        X