Save Game bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Game bug

I just loaded up CTP2 for the kicks of it recently. However if I save a game I get an "army unit error movement" message every time I try to load a game. Now I could sit and never close the game but seriously. I have installed the patch and started over several times with no success. Any suggestions? or fixes? Running on XP.

Try reloading SLIC before you save.
    And have you changed DEBUG SLIC from YES to NO?

Give those things a try and see how you go.
    3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ahhh, my first Nuke!
    Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

What do you mean by reloading SLIC? All I have done is installed the game, then installed the activision patch. Is there more than that? I understand there are some balance issues fixed by the mods but I am ok with the patch if it would save.

THanks.

Comment

Welcome dhrakit,

From what you said before I guess that you are using the original game without any mod.

Did you patch the game with the XP patch provided in the CtP2 Apolyton directory?

As far as I know, the CtP2 XP patch does not solve specific problems with XP but prevent any installation problem as this is a manual patch, it must be unzipped in the right folder though.

Do you have a problem with a Quick Save or a Regular Save?

If you want to use a mod you have to use ModSwapper or Modmanager. You must then change the line DebugSlic=Yes to Debugslic=No in the userprofile.txt file that should be in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2 Original\ctp2_program\ctp.

If the problem is linked with XP, you can try the Windows Compatibility Tool and try to run CtP2 as if you were under Win98. It sometimes solve many problems with older games.

Reloading SLICS is a way to reinitialize some datas in CtP2. It is a way to prevent some bugs to occur or a way to be sure an event does not make the game crash. I would advise you to do a quicksave (type Ctrl+s)each time you are about to end your turn so that you can revert back to the save if there is a crash and reload the SLICS.

To reload SLIC:

1) Hit the ' key to open the chat window
        2) Type /reloadslic in the text box
        3) Hit Enter to execute the command
        4) Hit Enter to close the chat window

If you still have some problems, you can find many tips in the FAQ thread of the CtP2 Forum .

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks! The reloading slic thing worked. Everytime I saved the game, either quick, manual, or auto, I would get a can't find unit move error. But the slic thing fixes that.

Thanks.

Comment

You are welcomed drhakit.

I hope you are having fun, I agree that CtP2 is a little demanding when you are starting to play because you are have to face some annoying bugs but I also know that the game is worth the extra effort. :b
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Many many thx, I had encountered the same kind of problem many times, I even reinstalled ctp2 on another PC on which the problem yet occured. the /reloadslic command solved it.

Comment

Working...
              X