Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can use the internet option on multiplayer

Easy Gents

I am trying to set up a multiplayer game at the moment. unfortunately I am unable to go through the internet option. I get a pop up saying "You need a dial up to use internet". Whilst I do not have a dial up connection a do have a NTL cable connection that goes through a router which send the signal through a wireless card on my PC.

Through this set up I can use the TCP/IP LAN connection method which sends me to a Lobby but I presume this is the lobby of my LAN. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the outside world.

P.S. I have an upto date servers.dat

Any help appreciated

Cheers

From the FAQ in this forum,

Help! I get a message that I should dial in but I'm using cable/xDSL.

Q58 I'm using cable Internet and when I start multiplayer and select Internet I get a message from CtP2 saying that I first have to dial in. How do I fix this?
    A58 Go to either Internet Explorer or Configuration Screen, select Internet Options, go to the tab Connections, click LAN Settings and make sure the 'Auto detect settings' option is selected (the exact names may be slightly different depending your OS/IE version/language). (Courtesy of Franses)
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks a lot

All sorted :-)

Comment

Working...
      X