Has the AI nuked you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the AI nuked you?

I'm curious to know if the AI has ever nuked one of your cities or unit stacks???

I've seen them with nukes in cities and airborne units, but they've never used them on me - even in times of drawn out war that I'm winning.

A couple of times there was an indication of a nuke used, but I think that may have been between AI civs.

And if you have had a nuke used on your civ, were you using any mods at the time?

Cheers,
    Shadow
    3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ahhh, my first Nuke!
    Now the fat lady's singin'...

I've never seen them used in the default game. They nuke in Call to Conquest. I don't know about other mods though. I think in the playtest they will use nukes at least in responce to a nuclear attack. I'm not much help lol.
    "

Comment

Never been nuked in:

1. default game
      2. Craddle
      3. Med Mod
      4. SAP

BUT it is a rare game where i actually get to the time period, and if i do then i'm usualy building wonders etc to cover the threat or i'm so far ahead of the AI civs that they live in fear of me

As another thought i think i may have been nuked in the first game CTP? or maybe i'm confusing it with civ2?? it was a long time ago
      Last edited by child of Thor; September 2, 2004, 04:58.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Is anyone familiar with what parts of the code can be tweaked to make nukings more of a possibility?

I suppose that question requires a fairly in-depth answer... just curious though.

I really think that if a weaker civ launched a handful of nuclear missiles it could turn the tide of the game significantly. It's a pity they don't use them to good advantage.
        3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Ahhh, my first Nuke!
        Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Australia will nuke yu

if you want to be nuked on the original game try playing with the australians, this may work. as i remember being nuked twice by australia.

I don't think you can launch full scale nuclear war.

Comment

As far as I remember the subject has already been discussed sometimes in the past. Apart from me, I don't remember who joined the talks I know that someone modded some files and managed to make the AI use nukes against the Human player.

Looking into the archives could yield some results.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i shall do that it would be interesting to see an AI cold war.

Comment

Working...
              X