No announcement yet.

6.1th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 5 July - 5 September 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still playing whenever I can squeeze in a few turns! I am up to the middle of the 18th Century and in full command of the game! In just a few turns I will have Virtual Democracy so I can expand my empire even further – I need a few more cities to give me better map coverage for my obelisks. I should be done by the mid-19th Century or so, which is good because the pollution levels are starting to get too high!. The Mayans are the most powerful AI left, but they all pale in comparison to my Egyptian Civilization! I have negotiated no trespassing agreements with all of them so they stay out of my territory and I can pretty much focus on increasing my scientific knowledge.

I don’t know about all these crashes! I play under XP without any problems, and I normally play with programs running in the background (especially music), I switch out of CtP2 and run other programs then switch back to CtP2, put my computer to sleep while CtP2 is running, etc. It runs about as stable as any other program on my machine. I think that XP is a stable OS for runningCtP2.

Comment

Yes, I should finish this week. I'm going for the quick bloodlust victory. I just have to finish off the English to the south of me and I'll be done

Comment

I've just reached the end year of 2300, but would like to continue on to a Science Victory (still haven't completed one of these yet!).

Am I obligated to submit my save as I've reached the end year, or can I continue on?
        3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Ahhh, my first Nuke!
        Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

I think you have to submit it when you reach the end year. It wouldn't be fair to the other players if you got extra turns to get a higher score and such.
          "

Comment

Not that I mind either way, but isn't the end year an arbitrary year picked by the creators of the game? I've never really understood why they put an end year in when the point was for one of the other distinct victory types.

I was also under the impression that the tournament was about reaching one ultimate victory type or another...
            Anyway, I don't mind submitting either.

As a side note - I'm assuming that to win a Science Victory I'd have to research all advances, is this correct?

Cheers.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I'm assuming that to win a Science Victory I'd have to research all advances, is this correct?
              No, you just need to get to Gaia Controller and complete all the parts. IIRC you can completely skip 18 advances on the way to Gaia Controller.

But its all academic, you need to submit your save at the end year now because the score is taken from it.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Submitted my End Game save. Kind of voided it though, as I lost the plot and only saved year 2301 (and lost my autosave), so that's all I had to submit. Apologies for that.

If you guys really want it removed then fair enough.

Great to have another tournament after so long though! Now that I'm back into the swing of things I'm keen for a tournament 7 when this one comes to a close.

Cheers all.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I think its okay,one turn isn't going to make much of a difference if any.

One thing though, I can't seem to download your save from the HOF. Instead it goes to my uploaded files for some reason. I don't have any trouble downloading Maq's save and I didn't try my own. Rather strange I thought, does anyone else have this problem?
                  "

Comment

The URL I copied to put into the save section of the tournament didn't look quite right to me. I'm pretty sure I did exactly as the instructions asked though.

I can most likely put the file on a separate server for you to download if you like?
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Zip and attach the file to the thread as i did Shadow, then use the attachment URL for the download. This at least keeps the HoF links intact, in case you take down the save from a private server at some time.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks Maq, done.
                        Attached Files
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Just looked at the save and realized that the score you used is incorrect. You are using the totel points rather than the score that you receive when you beat the game. So the score that is submitted now is something like 5000 points fewer than it should be. I don't know if anyone knows exactly how those bounus points work but it if we could figure it out manually you could get the right score. Maybe the source code folks could help.
                          "

Comment

Hmmm...
                            Well technically I didn't beat the game, so really the points are correct. All I did was reach end year.
                            I'm happy just leaving them as is regardless.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

End Game Posted in HoF

I just uploaded my savegame to the Hall of Fame. This was a fun and interesting game – it certainly was challenging during the early stages! I agree with Maq – it is really fun to see diplomacy pay off with No Trespass agreements! The Spanish actually lied to me and caught me off guard! I especially enjoyed kicking the Persians – they were quite the bully early on, so I showed them no mercy when they attacked me. The Thai and Mayans were not as aggressive toward me, so I ended up acquiring their cities through non-military means. Good luck to the rest of the players!

I plan to run another GoodMod/SAP game using the oversize map and harder AI settings. I like to tweak the production of the AIs in the DiffDB (min/max_behind settings) file so that they can produce most anything in one turn by the time I catch up to them. It makes it harder to pass them up and the later game stages are more challenging that way.

Comment

Re: End Game Posted in HoF

Originally posted by ETB
                                I just uploaded my savegame to the Hall of Fame. This was a fun and interesting game – it certainly was challenging during the early stages! I agree with Maq – it is really fun to see diplomacy pay off with No Trespass agreements! The Spanish actually lied to me and caught me off guard! I especially enjoyed kicking the Persians – they were quite the bully early on, so I showed them no mercy when they attacked me. The Thai and Mayans were not as aggressive toward me, so I ended up acquiring their cities through non-military means. Good luck to the rest of the players!
                                nice
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X