• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Norton IS and/or AV.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
      Also, is it just assumed that the updater to SAP2 is installed for this tournament?
      No, no updater. Got to rebuild your units.....
      "

Comment

Has the completion date been extended for this tourney? I know there was some discussion about extending it to Sept 5th.

Comment

Norton's doesn't exist on any of the computers I've tried downloading on.
          The download error I get is:

The requested file does not exists
          Download aborted
          URL

I get this from simply clicking on the download link.
          I am using DownLoad Accelerator, although this has worked fine on a dialup line (which I actually seldom have access to).

Would you all prefer me to take this post/topic elsewhere?

Shadow
          3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ahhh, my first Nuke!
          Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Have you tried not using download accelerator?
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by mnbryan37
              Has the completion date been extended for this tourney? I know there was some discussion about extending it to Sept 5th.
              Yes its been extended to September the 5th, I just edited the first post to say that. I guess the thread title will have to remain the same though.
              "

Comment

Problem solved!
                Extracting and installing as I write - can't wait to start!
                I haven't actually played since the last tournament!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Played a little... starting out trying to give the closest civs a slight belting QUICK!

Found the oranges and unleashed a 7 stack onto the first city I came across and took it. Hopefully that will be the first of many such battles, and I'll dominate early.

Time shall tell...
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I have about 12 cities now, half of which I've acquired by force. As I've recently discovered geometry I'm trying to mass some 12 stacks of catapaults and take on my strongest neighbours with a hope of pushing them back. I'm 6th on the power graph... and times are tough...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

My stradegy was to expand to ten cities initially, then attack the Spanish. I did this by building 4 12 stacks of hopilites and archers. Victory was swift though I did have to send reinforcements. Then I basically built infrastructure and wonders until I researched cavalry and democracy. I then invaded the Mayans with about 4 or 5 12 stacks of cavalry which was quite succesful. I had also established a long standing alliance with the Persians which helped to gaurd my western front..but not completey. In order to stay within the 35 city limit I destroyed some of the remaining Mayan cities. The other countries weren't very happy about this and all declared war on me, even the Persions. At this point I rushed to tanks with scientists. Once I got them the game was pretty much over and I destroyed all the civs rather easily.
                      "

Comment

Doh... my game seems to be crashing to desktop occasionally. It's about mid 1800's game time.

I can fiddle with the saves, etc, and it comes good for about 10 turns, but crashes again. Third time lucky hey... will have to post my last available results if it gets too frequent.

Would like to go for a Science victory, hopefully the gameplay/crashing won't test my patience with it.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

I recommend using /reloadslic, it got me through the occasional crash. Also after killing the Persians seemed to remove any problems....
                          "

Comment

I've consistantly had a problem of desktop crashes under Windows X/P. It occurrs when the slaves in a city outnumber the citizens and try to revolt. Instead of the ensuing revolt, It'll usually crash. If you keep the number of slaves to a minimum, it works fine.

Comment

OK, after much experimenting, reading of suggestions, and various carefully selected and colourful 'phrases', I got the game to work again.

I have to reloadslic every turn, but at least it's playable.
                              I've given the Persians a thorough belting (they had it coming), so we'll see how it goes from now on.

Starting to streak ahead on the power graph, had tanks for a short while now, and have about 6 12stacks I really don't know what to do with.

Science victory here I come!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Is anyone else still playing this tournament besides me?

The Thai's keep sending in small armies to take the odd city from me that is deep into my territory... so I'm somewhat frequently having to take the odd city from them to push them back. Otherwise all is well, and researching as fast as possible - currently on Technocracy.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Working...
                                X