6th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 4 July - 5 August 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    I meet the Aztecs and try to send them diplomacy proposal and the game drops to desktop and the monzezuma1.tga is missing, ive looked and its required in APOL_civ_str.txt and the image doesnt come with apolpack.zip from the directory.

[...]

and whats a quick fix so i can continue/complete the game?
    Edit APOL_civ_str.txt and change the file name. In the original game, the picture file names have been moved to add_str.txt, so check out that file for a list of pictures that should be available. The Aztecs are not in the original game, so the best match is probably the Nicaraguan "updp036.tga".

The problem should not occur in the original game, because it does not display the pictures.

Comment

Thx for the help, but I'm going to start a new thread, this game has too many problems.

Can someone close this so it doesn't get confused with the new one?
      "

Comment

Well that might be the problem with all mods, we never took care about the pictures in these files, because they were never used so you have to find a good one for all of them. Another problem is that for the mod compartibility just a minimum amount of work was done like adding the critical line to const.txt and maybe some others to the other text files, and finally we added to the playtest version a lot of strings that aren't in the mods.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

BTW just so you know, though SAP2 does use Frenzy AI, I tamed it down a lot. Basically SAP2 uses it to group units together.

It doesn't use the Frenzy-a-metre to raise the agro level at all.

Dale

Comment

Working...
          X