No announcement yet.

Game!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Turkish invasion force is more than 100 units now. They are bombarding cities and pillaging. Theres an invasion force of 50 Arabians who are pestering my southern cities and a whole bunch of Babylonian units around too. I've decided to concentrate on defending my south and I have decided to let my Northern cities fight it out on their own though they don't stand much of a chance. Great Game
    "

Comment

Can you make any allies to slow the Turks?
      I'd agree bring forces back to build up your mainland and raze the northern cities.

BTW: minor tile tweaks http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...-tile1.14h.zip
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Things are now turing around. The Techno Knights are very effective and I am slowly fighting back the Turks in the North. I am also have a sizable force in the South. Things are looking up.
        "

Comment

So technology helped or was it a certain strategy?

Comment

A combination of the Techno Knights and the stadegy Maq described about going behind the enemy lines and taking their underdefended cities.
            "

Comment

Attached Files
              "

Comment

Sheesh... I'm getting scared just looking at those forces.

Teutonic Knights saved my butt big time in my last game, but you have to be willing to go on the offensive with them. And try to use them against Man at Arms, not Legions or Pikes (Legions - 25% bonus against Mounted --- Pikes - 50% bonus against Mounted)

I also made sure that I had the ability to create regular Knights and did a massive disband of them right before I went into Caliphate. So I could replace them quickly without a sizable reduction of my forces.

Get to Caliphate quickly - its the most powerful Medieval Government. Janissaries are cheap slavers, the crime rate is low, and the science is very good.

And make a beeline to Pikes and the gunpowder units.

Originally posted by EPW
                And I encourage everyone to play this game..its quite challenging 500+ turns...and I don't think I'm going to win. I've never lost a single player game before....
                My Mod succeeds when players fail - or at least are thrown for a loop...
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks for the advice Hex, I wasn't sure what to research at this time and just mainly researched sea faring related ones because I fell way behind in those.

The Teutonic Knights have definitly saved the day for me. I re captured the West which I lost earlier and am now attacking the Turks directly. I also had a counter-offensive against the turks in the North. The Turks are actually having a lot of trouble now and have lost many of their southern cities.

At the same time I have used the teu knights to disrupt the Arabian Empire which is meeting the same fate as the Greeks. Although I can't hold on to the cities I capture from their other rivals can. I leave the cities and they take them. The former Greek Empire is in shamples with massive population losses from constant warfare and even starvation and rioting. Cities that were once size thirty are gone! Many of the Arabian cities are meeting the same fate.

Edit: Just captured Istanbul with its four wonders propelling me to 1st place.
                  Last edited by EPW; June 7, 2004, 00:15.
                  "

Comment

Its amazing how fast the world situation has changed This is Turn 609, 1652 AD...
                    Attached Files
                    "

Comment

Nice work, I hope you shore up some defenses before engaging in some more adventures since the tide flips so much (and what would the AI be like with the Tknights?)

BTW I noticed your cities stay there orriginal culture set after they are conquered, is that from modding? I don't remember that in the original game (but I like it a lot!)

Comment

EPW,

I tweak the snow mountain here:

Let me know what you think be for make it a main download.

PS: Screenshot (looks taller and varied)
                        Attached Files

Comment

It looks better but it still seems a too repetitive to me. I guess if its not possible to have more than one tile for them its good.
                          Attached Files
                          "

Comment

thanks EPW, I think its the best it will get, it varies when its in tighter clusters but thats it.

How goes the game?

Comment

if you cant defend against all those green's stacks, how about reteating behind the desert...

Comment

Quick update....
                                Attached Files
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X