Game!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game!!

Having nothing better to do I set up a game using the editor. I tryed to make it as difficult as possible. It uses cradle v1.30b on Very Hard, with barbarians on risky, 7 computers. I myself havn't played it but I suspect it will be quite challenging.

If anyone can win they will forever have my acknowledgement of being a good CTP2 player
    Attached Files
    "

I played around 100 turns or so and not much has happened. The AI's are doing well and have a huge lead in every area even cities. Under Dynasty three computers have over ten cities. There hasn't been any major attacks by the computer but I think that is at least partially because there is too much water. Anyways it should be an exciting game once the AI's get better established. Feel free to post whats happening in your game here.
    "

Comment

Its funny, i attached an AI to my player (1) and i noticed the AI terraforming its plains to grassland, then placing farms, why does it do that? Waste of time, IMO.

My AI is doing better than i thought though, putting up a good fight against the Greeks

Something else i noticed, my AI has over 3000PW is reserve and yet has 4 cities on pop 8+ with no tile imps at all, including roads. 10 cities total.
      Last edited by Maquiladora; May 29, 2004, 12:48.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

My empire after 185 turns.
        Attached Files
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          Its funny, i attached an AI to my player (1) and i noticed the AI terraforming its plains to grassland, then placing farms, why does it do that? Waste of time, IMO.
          At least it knows how to terraform
          "

Comment

EPW i would advise not to post any screenshots or reveal too much information yet, in case anyone else plays. Unlikely as it may sound
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

And if you do post screenshots could you use my terrain files i'd like to see how the work for games
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Heres a screenshot of my AI doing a great job, and using E's tiles. Excellent job BTW with the larger borders.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Maq!

Is that your player 1 set to AI game? It does seem like the AI does well on its own against other AI, but once a human gets in the mix its gets all messed up (like neo in the matrix)

Comment

Yeah thats an AI attached to player 1. Hes doing alright, considering he started a good few techs behind and less settlers etc. Thats not to say it did everything right though...

As for the tile file, i think the borders encroaching on other tiles makes it blend really well, best example is probably the desert going over onto the plains there.

Comment

I installed the new tile's and had some strange results. I opened the save game and instead of farms and mines I get this:
                      Attached Files
                      "

Comment

ahhhhh I think I misinterpreted improvement tiles as ones for underconstruction (I inended to show civ3ish workers for tiles not finished yet andI thought the first tile of a brown farm was a farm about to be built same with mines)...give me a couple of days and I'll have them fixed.. Improvements I knew the least abouth and if there are any mistakes or suggestions let me know. Soory about the mistake!

Also any suggestions of the sea alagea (it kind of bothers me)

Comment

I know whats wrong...cradle uses underconstruction sprites as the complete sprites, so its no fault of your own.
                          "

Comment

Turn 225,
                            The Greeks, Arabians, and Turks have armies around my most southern city and can't decide if they want to attack each other or the city. My ranking is improving though the computers have a large tech lead. Most of the AI's are in either republic or city state and have 10-15 cities.

I tryed to post a screenshot here but a pressed enter and it posted "turn 225" and nothing else...crazy apoltyon So the screenshot is in the next post I hope.
                            Last edited by EPW; June 1, 2004, 00:46.
                            "

Comment

Turn 225:
                              Attached Files
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X