Help! To many cities!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! To many cities!

I am playing cradle mod for the first time. I thought dynasty would be like monarchy and hold more cities, obviously I was wrong. I have built 13 cities and have 2 more nomads ready to deploy, but city-state is 20 turns away. I have a 13 stack of warrior/slinger combonation ready for action when I have researched boats. I can't push my sliders any or my cities all go to the verge of revolt and the only way I can move them is to make them happier.

If I switch back to tyranny and push the sliders to higher expectations will I progress more than I am now under Dynasty?

Wonders:
    Currently building stonehenge with 9 turns left

The difficulty is medium and here is the game.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have brought my empire out of anarchy and into city-state. I have also captured a babylonian city extending it to my empire. Now my cities are in revolt again because my empire is to big again from conquering and war weariness is having an effect. I have begun a mass production of Theatres followed by warriors.

My 6 Slingers/6 Warrior Stack was reduced to 1 Warrior/6 Slingers. How did 1 Hoplite/1 Archer/1 Chariot demolish my army?

I have the option of going republic, but it will take me 83 turns. Should I go republic and try to make peace and build up my cities, or continue production research (Copper Smelting 6 turns) for a massive war-time mobilization.

Comment

My 6 Slingers/6 Warrior Stack was reduced to 1 Warrior/6 Slingers. How did 1 Hoplite/1 Archer/1 Chariot demolish my army?
        Were their units in the city? Because the militia units get ALOT of extra hitpoints, making it very difficult to take a city with one stack.

I have the option of going republic, but it will take me 83 turns. Should I go republic and try to make peace and build up my cities, or continue production research (Copper Smelting 6 turns) for a massive war-time mobilization.
        I doubt you'd make any peace in Cradle. As your current government cant hold anymore id go for Republic. I dont see any point taking a city only to raze and move citizens, id rather jump to the next government and keep each city I take, its more productive.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Go for Oligarchy, as this will raise your cap to 20. Its a relatively quick jump on the tech tree from City State>Oligarchy, compared to City State>Republic. Oligarchy will also dramatically increase your gold intake - helpful for upgrading

Build lots of Happiness improvements and use entertainers. If you have a shot at some happiness wonders go for them too.

Use slavemaster armies to tackle armies out in the field to get slaves, rather than taking new cities. This will also help your empire grow via population expansion rather than city growth.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I forgot about slavers. I rarely ever used them in the unmodded CTP2. I guess I will just reload and add a slaver to my magnificent armies.

I can see republic, does oligarchy take less turns to research?

BTW: Is it possible to trade maps in cradle?

Comment

Originally posted by bernhj
              I can see republic, does oligarchy take less turns to research?
              Depends on what you have researched so far...

Oligarchy requires City State/Currency and 5,000 Science. Republic requires City State/Philosophy and 15,000 Science.

Know your tech tree . (Make sure you look at the pdf file included in the readmes)

Originally posted by bernhj
              BTW: Is it possible to trade maps in cradle?
              The best time is when you first meet a civ, or are able to wrangle a peace deal from a weaker civ. Buttering up a peaceful neighbor sometimes helps, sometimes does not

Or send Jav Cavalries into the heart of another civ and map it yourself. (IMO, the most valuable Ancient unit...)

I actually enjoy the exploration aspect of a Cradle game rather than exchanging maps - but that is just me.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
              X