Questions on City Influence and National Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on City Influence and National Borders

I can't seem to find another post that talks about this so....

Why is it that other civs are able to establish cities within my national borders? I've been playing for a few turns and I've established a couple of cities with expansive borders. All of a sudden one of the AI opponents walks into my territory with a settler and slaps a city down like 2 tiles away from my capital city!!! This is well within my borders and I watched the AI settle the square. Is this a bug or are national borders just plain meaningless? In Civ 3 it's an act of war to establish a city within a rival empire's borders.

I'm not at war with this civ though... our diplomatic standing is actually good and we've never been at war. What's the deal? This city is too close to my capital city... I wouldn't even want to keep it if declared war and conquered it. It would just get in the way of my capital city's growth space. It's in the way now!

Also, another question... what determines the size of the city's influence? In Civ 3 it's all about culture, but building equivalents in CTP2 that normally build up culture in Civ 3 (such as the Shrine or Arena) just decrease unhappiness. How can I get my city's to expand their influence?
    "Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
Working...
X