change UI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change UI?

ctp 2 has a horrible UI it takes up os much screen space and most of it not used, are there alternate ones out there? the civ3 UI was decent....

In terms of ease to handle, the Civ3 interface is better, or should I say, more conveniant. In terms of available information, the CtP2 interface is better. Look alone at the numerous crosslinks, i.e. to the secret service. I wish Civ3 had those.

If you are short of screen size, you can do 2 things:

- hide the minimap
    - raise the resolution.

The second is the better way, although unfortunately the game doesn't support resolutions like 1280x1024 (which is pretty much standard today), but weird looking and thus almost unusable resolutions like 1280x768. I hope the source code effort can address this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      The second is the better way, although unfortunately the game doesn't support resolutions like 1280x1024 (which is pretty much standard today), but weird looking and thus almost unusable resolutions like 1280x768. I hope the source code effort can address this.
      It doesn't. Then I wonder why I have this resolution on the list it is exactly 1280x1024 I also have 1280x960 which I use. I can also select 1600x1200.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Or memorise the hot keys, and use / to hide all the UI.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

It doesn't. Then I wonder why I have this resolution on the list it is exactly 1280x1024 I also have 1280x960 which I use. I can also select 1600x1200.

-Martin
          Yea, stupid me , I had overlooked the scrollbar. 1280x1024 works now well.

Comment

Working...
          X