DirectX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX

I loaded CIV3 with its new DirectX on a machine that had CTP2 on it. Now I want to go back and run CTP2 but can't because it won't run with the new DirectX.

How do I overwrite the new DiecrX with the one required for CTP2?

When you install CtP With DirectX, DirectX will detect if you have a newer version. It will not install DirectX from older versions. Be sure to have 9.0b, its the lastest release.

Comment

I have WinXP with DirectX 9.0b and CtP2 runs fine on my computer.

If you are under WinXP (or Win2000) and experience repeated problems try the Windows Compatibility Tool and run CtP2 with Windows98 Compatibility selected.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: DirectX

Originally posted by BluePC
        How do I overwrite the new DiecrX with the one required for CTP2?
        You don't need to overwrite your latest DirectX version with the one provided in CtP2... moreover I don't think that installing the CtP2 version would change anything as DirectX cannot be uninstalled since at least the 8.0 version.

Have you solved your problem?
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If it really won't work with the later DirectX versions (and it should work), then you might try using one of the Source Code Project's playtest releases, because they are all compiled with the DirectX 9.0b headers, and so should work with the latest version fine.

Comment

Working...
          X