Taking a break (Barley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a break (Barley)

Just to let you all know I have taken a break from CTP2 for a little while, I am training for an Ironman (Triathlon) early July and this is taking all my time, not to mention needing a good nights sleep every night. I miss you guys I used to play regularly but will be back around July/August time.

Barley.

Hi Barley, good to see you That sounds like an ambitious project good luck with it Am training for the ten bellies contest myself and i know its hard work See you on the battlefield in July/August
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Good luck with training .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, Good Luck, I hope you win the triathlon.
        "

Comment

Win lol, ill be lucky to finish inside the 15hr30mins cut off, its a 2.4 mile lake swim, 112 mile bike then a 26.2 mile (Marathon), all back to back.

My goal is just to finish but thanks for the support and encouragement. Im not ruling out a game before July/August but its unlikely (ill see if I have time over some weekends).

Today I cycled 50 miles and did a 6 mile run straight after, the training is really hard work, im now training about 14 hours a week.

Comment

Ouch! Well, I hope you achieve your goal and more .

Comment

Originally posted by Barley
              Today I cycled 50 miles and did a 6 mile run straight after, the training is really hard work, im now training about 14 hours a week.
              Wow! Two hours of hard fought Tennis looks like a cakewalk now.

Good luck!
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi all, training is going really well. Now training at 15-18hours a week. Regular 15+ mile runs, 100mile bike rides and lots of swimming and other run/bike training.

I have a night off from training tonight and am free for a quick game from 8pm GMT - 1am GMT if anyone is around (should be able to fit a continuation in if needed).

Other than that and maybe a few other odd occasions I should be back to regular play mid to late August.

Comment

Sorry Barley, I couldn't make it for a game to day, too much to do. I'm looking forward to a game in the future though.

Good luck with your training and triathlon
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Barley
                    edit............. its a 2.4 mile lake swim, 112 mile bike then a 26.2 mile (Marathon), all back to back.
                    the best of luck with training

I did a half triathlon many years ago(just the running and bike bit, as i swim like a lead brick ), so i know how it eats into your free time.
                    Just try to stay injury free and i'm sure when you get to pop back here for MP, as the guys work on the source code, MP will get better and better
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The whole CtP2 community is behind you... you can't lose.
                      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X