X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD version of ctp2?

Just wondering...

Im gunna pick up ctp2 and i see it alot of places in a "DVD-style case."

Is there any reason to avoid this version of the game? i.e. no decent manual or something of the sort?

Thanks,

Sinemy

The paperback manual is terrible anyway, its only useful to people who've never played a civ type game. The double-sided poster can be VERY helpful for learning the tech tree and units, though it does have some errors on it but nothing major. If i were to buy it again id look for an old big box style copy with the poster included preferably in decent condition.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

On the other hand, the poster will be pretty useless if you start playing mods - and you can download equivalents of that poster, for mods too, from Apolyton.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

OK cool,

thats good to know.

Man I miss the days of thick, novel-sized manuals that you could study for hours.

Oh well, im excited to start playing ctp2 anyways.

Thanks,
        S

Comment

Go buy some software development package, or order a box of RedHat Linux, you'll have a bigger manual than you could wish for .

Comment

Or buy MoO3

(to be honost I haven't its manual yet so for all I know it's crap, but at least it's thick )
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Some RPG had a very thick manual, though I can't right now remember which it was. Neverwinter nights, maybe?

Comment

Neverwinter Nights's manual was fairly chunky, mostly because of all the spell descriptions... IIRC, it's thick enough to be bound with glue, rather than staples.

Comment

Biggest manuals i have are Pharaoh and Caesar III.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

You should try the "Operational Art of War II" manual, 180 pages of small fonts.
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The odd copy of CTP2 i still around are all the budget re-release versions(so no paper manual), still the on disk .pdf file will make do to get the basic's learned.

And you've always got the forums here(the FAQ and failing that us lot)

I used to enjoy the manuals that came with flight sims, things like F-15 strike eagle and F19 stealth fighter - they used to give you a nice keyboard layover sometimes too; and loads of non game critical info like flight envelopes etc........kinda geeky realy, but it all added to the feel of authenticity.
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

America's Army, the FPS, has some 280 page manual, I believe. It's just that the game is download-only, and can't be purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                          Or buy MoO3

(to be honost I haven't its manual yet so for all I know it's crap, but at least it's thick )
                          The MOO3 manual is not that big, but nothing in it was correct. Check out the original Civ3 manual 235 pages versus 91 for CPT2
                          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                          "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                          Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Working...
                          X