MP questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP questions.

I noticed that the latest playtest file does not allow MP to go beyond Rennassaince. Is there a reason for this? Does it make sense to go beyond that period or is the combat too screwed to go beyond that without major play balance issues?

How do you turn off huts? Can you only do that in the 'Playtest File' games or can you do it in the vanilla w/ patch too? When you guys play MP do you play with the vanilla w/ sprinkles version? (That would be the original w/ the 1.11 patch)

What wonders do you turn off in the exclusion menu? Do you allow wonders at all when you play MP?

My brother and I want to have a 'late technology' game before we have at eachother. Is this feasible or should I just write it up??

Re: MP questions.

Originally posted by epeterson
    I noticed that the latest playtest file does not allow MP to go beyond Rennassaince. Is there a reason for this? Does it make sense to go beyond that period or is the combat too screwed to go beyond that without major play balance issues?
    It doesnt stop the game going past renaissance (at least it didnt with me), the selection names are just fudged up i think. If you want Diamond age just select the lowest blank entry on the list.

How do you turn off huts? Can you only do that in the 'Playtest File' games or can you do it in the vanilla w/ patch too? When you guys play MP do you play with the vanilla w/ sprinkles version? (That would be the original w/ the 1.11 patch)
    There are no huts on "Beginner", so you could start it that way, or you can edit Risks.txt to make nothing come from ruins.

What wonders do you turn off in the exclusion menu? Do you allow wonders at all when you play MP?
    I usually exclude all wonders in my games, but overall its more fun playing with wonders, even if theyre very unbalancing.

My brother and I want to have a 'late technology' game before we have at eachother. Is this feasible or should I just write it up??
    You mean start in a late age or play through from ancient to a late age? Or some other meaning...
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maq
      It doesnt stop the game going past renaissance (at least it didnt with me), the selection names are just fudged up i think. If you want Diamond age just select the lowest blank entry on the list.
      OH! Can I change it mid-game then??

Originally posted by Maq
      Or some other meaning...
      We want to play through all the way. We seriously thought about disabling the stealth fighters and bombers because of their 'play balance' issues.

Comment

Hm, im not sure but i would guess not.

We want to play through all the way. We seriously thought about disabling the stealth fighters and bombers because of their 'play balance' issues.
        Disable Knights, Cavalry and Tanks aswell then
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson
          Not without hacking the save game file...

Which makes me think it would probably be fairly easy to make a save game editor now that we have the source code... Hmm... Perhaps that would be an interesting project - it might be very helpful for playtesting.

Comment

Perhaps it was the 'Genome Project' that created such an imbalance. I attacked my brother with tanks/stealth fighers/stealth bombers/hover infantry and took 4 cities with a win/loss ratio of 54/3. He had marines/tanks/interceptors defending his cities! :wtf: So I guess the play balance of stealth fighters/bombers wasn't the problem then?

Comment

Working...
            X