An academic dissertation on CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An academic dissertation on CTP2

We work across education, culture, psychology and social science to create lasting and evolving change.

Someone actually got a Master's Degree in education from the University of London by researching three kids playing CTP2!

Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Damn, I wish my master's thesis would have been that enertaining to complete

Comment

I am not sure after reading through:

Was he studying or playing

Comment

I got the impression that the students weren't really into the type of game CTP2 is, so the conclusion of the study would depend on the type of person chosen.
        As a kid i loved any kind of 'historic' simulation game, obviously Civ being the first big 'wow - this is great game', I also loved Pirates because of its historical context.

On the otherhand Final Fantasy left me felling a bit cold.......

So i think computer simulations can be a very educational tool, still its like any other medium, if the kid doesn't have an interest in the subject matter it can be very hard to generate any.

My dissertation was much shorter
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Very interesting read, both from a gaming and professional point of view (I sort of have a background in education). Thanks for the link, Smiley
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Medium.
            Seems like you have to be interested in History to gain the Benefits.

But this is kinda strange:
            p.55
            Sid Meier’s Alfa Centauri
            its correctly titled in the Bibliography:
            Sid Meier’s Alpha Centari (1999) Infrogrames
            Okay it was Infogrames but it was close really close

//oh wait "Centari"? ah well...
            Last edited by Main_Brain; February 18, 2004, 11:49.
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
            X