Super Crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Crashed

I installed CTP2 right from the disk and then applied patch. Everytime I try and execute Call to Power 2 either from a shortcut or from the .exe itself, it pops up with an error message and asks me if I'd like to report it. It does not run at all, it just immediately crashes. I have the patch. I am trying this without any mods at first. No luck.
    I have a P4 3.06ghz, 865 chipset with hyperthreading. An ATI radeon 9800 w/ 256 ddram. PC32000 512 DDRAM @ 400mhz. 2 hardrives both with NTFS. I run windows XP Pro. I have Direct X 9.0b or whatever the latest version is. I have run much older games than ctp 2 with no problem. So it shouldn't be the display drivers.

What I've done to try and fix it: Make compatability before and after install to Win 95. I've evn partitioned part of a hard drive to FAT 32 and intalled there. I turned the hyperthreading feature off in my bios. No luck with any of it.

I then transferred the directory to a roomates computer and it runs it fine. They have an 1.4 ghz AMD laptop. I have no idea what the other specs are on the laptop. The roomate doesn't want me to use their machine, besides mine is soooo much better to host on. So using theirs is not an option. Needless to say I have no idea whats going on.

If anybody has any experience in a problem like this, PLEASE HELP!
    If anybody has any suggestions, PlEASE HELP!
    You can email me or just reply to post, just you better not spam me, I'm cisco certified and evil. k796812@yahoo.com

It seems that under Win2K et WinXP the installation process sometimes does not end properly.

This is what I experienced under Win2K Pro. The installation process ran fine until it reached around 90%, there was then an important lag before I was sent back to Windows without any error message. As there were some problems with the game I decided to install it again, the same thing happened.

I reinstalled the game several times until the process finaled breached the 90% limit and seemed to finish the installation adequately.

If you are desperate enough, you can try to reinstall the game.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I've reinstalled countless numbers of times. The game installs lightning fast too. This is kind of odd to me becuase I've installed the game on other computers of mine in the past and i remember it being much slower with the same CD-ROM drive. Then again, it could be the better memory and processor. I even have several different places on my hard drie where it is intalled. I've tried doing complete uninstalls too. Its just not working. Keep trying huh? ok

Comment

Try a basic install (no patch) and use the playtest .exe from the Source Code project.

Unfortunately, not all of 1.1 functionality has been implemented at this stage, and old save games might not work... and you can't use all Mods (some rely on 1.1 functions, which haven't been implemented.)

but...

it might solve your XP problem.

The big upside is that now we have the source code, we can develop debug versions, which we can use to actually find where crashes occur.

Comment

I've downloaded the source code and unzipped it. When I ran a search onthe directory, there is no playtest.exe file located.

Comment

There is a playtest thread. That contains a compiled exe.

Source code is just that... source code.

Comment

Working...
            X