final solution to MP problems anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final solution to MP problems anyone?

OK, long story short, a friend and I are trying to play ctp2 again, but once we get in a lobby (like the n1.alink.blablah), we have a number of problems.

1. After about 30 seconds, one of us disappears out of the lobby.
    2. When we try to join the others game (tried it both ways), just sits there "Joining"

We are both running WinXP Pro w/ SP1. We are both behind Linksys Routers. I made sure our XP firewalls were off, and I set both computers up at DMZ while we figger this out (which should alleviate any NAT problems).

We tried the "run in compatability mode" trick, nothing.

How do the rest of yall play this? Bite the bullet and make a 98 partition? I would rather not do that, too much trouble heh.

We both have the 1.11 patch and APOL pack. Works fine in single player. We can play Civ2Gold just fine, as well as many other games. Any ideas?

I've seen a lot of this problem on here, but no real stated solution, so figure if there is, put it here, one for everyones benefit, and for mine

Thanx for the help fellas.

First of all XP and mp is not guaranteed to work with anyone, if it works then youre lucky. Only one of you needs 98se though from my experience (because it was usually me), in fact i still drop back to my 98se partition to play mp and 90% of people i play have XP, even though ive hosted and joined with XP.

The second issue you might have later when you actually get in-game is Apolyton Pack. For me it wasnt worth the hassle, even when youve got totally identicle files modded theres always something (probably in the scripts) causing resynches every turn or kicking people from the game, its just not worth the hassle to use a mod.

Ive played through a router at work on both Internet option and TCP/IP, but they were both running win98se.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

*sigh*

*scrounges around for his copy of PQMagic....*

Given the fact this game is only 3 years old, its has got to have the WORST multiplayer interface I have ever seen. Ugh. Well, back to other games then. Thanx for the help, much appreciate

Comment

Working...
      X