Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of CTP2

Is Activision still making copies?

Used to see one or two around the 10 dollar bin section. .But that was a year ago. Even Amazon. com has run out of stock maybe chips and bits will have a copy or 2.

With all the work that has gone into the game and now with code being worked on would like to see more people pick the game up.

Call to Power -the first one -is still selling in 5 dolllar sections in stores Stales or CompUSA . Just the CD no box or manual. Its called the ( Jewel Case) verison.
    Has the patchs already installed.

This has been done with games like Civ2 and Risk. Hope that CTP2 will be given another chance -and printed again for those people who have not tried this game.
    You will not find this game on Activision web site.
    Maybe one more package sale of the games with patches included for 20 dolllars something like Civ3 and Play the World.

I noticed this too plenty of ctp 1 but no ctp 2. Wonder what the real story behind it is.
    Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

I suspect theres more copies of CtP1 flying around after all the hype faded away because CtP1 sold alot more at the time, so they produced more, or in a similar way, they expected to sell more off the back of civ2, whereas CtP2 was selling off the back of CtP1 so they had more realistic expectations, something alone those lines.

Its the same with the strategy guides, i always see the CtP1 guide but never have seen the CtP2 for sale, not that either of them are greatly useful, but i would like to own them all the same.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Since it appears that Activision has washed its hands of CTP2, I kinda doubt that any additional copies will be burned. I certainly haven't seen any copies (even jewel-case versions) anywhere for a long time.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

On amazon.com they have some used copies of the strategy guide, a few copies of the game as well but not many.
          Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

I saw some in a Virgin Megastore about a month back, CTP2 that is(9.99 if i remember).
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Well many have given the game more replay value.
              Intrest in the game grows with each now mod.There are not to many games that get better with age -execpt maybe Civ2 and Europa Universalis 2.

So for now I have burned some copies to put away .Would be wise for every one to do the same if they want to keep playing

Comment

Hehe this is pretty good, they even mention apolyton!

Although the contents are mentioned, im not sure about the condition of the box itself.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I recently bought 2 new copies of CtP2 (Xplosiv edition) at a Dutch webshop (can't find the URL right now but if anyone wants it I can look it up when I get home), for €4.99 a piece. So they're still selling the game over here, though it does take some effort to track down a store that still sells it.

None of the local game shops I checked with had the game though. But then again, I do live in a fairly remote part of the Netherlands, we don't have too many good game shops around here.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Did you get the double-sided poster with it Locutus? I want another "official" copy but id want new posters with them, celotape just isnt working anymore....

Comment

It is no more possible to find a new copy of CtP2 in a store where I am living (Toulouse is the fourth city of France in size), you can sometimes find a secondhand copy in the appropriate stores though.

As far as I am concerned I bought a second new copy last year when I visited a store that sold them around 5 €.

Finding a copy of CtP1 is not a problem though, they are still available as low budget softwares.

Just in case I have downloaded an american version of CtP2... (I know its bad and that I am evil).
                      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

No, Maq, Xplosiv editions AFAIK never include paper manuals or tech trees or stuff. They're just a DVD case with a CD in it. In CtP2's case, only the manual is included, and only in digital form.

I guess if you're looking for a paper version of the tech tree, 2nd hand copies are the only way to go...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X