Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed!! Fuzzy Emergency!!! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed!! Fuzzy Emergency!!! HELP!!!

Help!!! I just had to reinstall my CTP due to overdoing some editing.....
    I've run the patch 1.2 and the hack 1.21 already. But when I try to open the Pbem files my sys can't locate the Program.exe to run them...I've tried searching for the file, but it's just not there anymore...Anyone got any ideas?
    Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

How were you opening the PBEM files? The program.exe that it needs is CTP I would think. Its like clicking on a *.spr file. The computer knows that something uses them, but it can't find what.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yes fuz, go to 'locate'. Then to "Open with Ctp directory"

Comment

Hi Fuzzy

Hit the start button go to find type in civctp.exe make sure it searches the C:\ drive. You will find civctp.exe here;

c:\program Files\activision\civilization_call to power\ctp_program\ctp\civctp.exe

If it is not on the c:\ drive anywhere reload the game something went wrong.

If it is there and you do not get the "open file with" window pop up there still is a way. Go to c:\windows and look for the old winfile.exe
        open (It's just like desktop explorer) it then go to your .csg file highlight it. Open the file top left hand on winfile task bar (beside edit) go to associate... click on that. Now simply scroll down and associate the .csg file with civctp.exe icon done.

Or if you have power desk (A must have utility, get it from F*si's) just find your .csg file and click on file on task bar and hit "open with/associate with"
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Thx. Problem sorted. The old csg association still contained a previous file address.
          Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Working...
          X